Slightly concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly concerned

Really happy with signings so far and the rumour of bidwell is starting to look good ! But 1.3 million of our budget when we already have two lefts backs ( albeit bidwell is a upgrade ) seems slightly wasteful when we really need to strengthen our offensive options ! We all know we need another striker but also some wingers as Phillips and hoilett will be gone leaving us petrasso el kyati and mackie ( worried ) also creative cm ie dack or Lansbury !

Looks like we are sorting our defence out first which is a good move. Hopefully get bid well in by the weekend and get a settled defence in pre season going into the new season. The signings will come mate Fer is off, Phillips will be off and I got a feeling Hoilett may be off too.

Comment

still plenty of time to bring people in. Done some good business on paper so far.

Perhaps waiting for the bigger fees to leave - Fer,Sandro,Phillips,Caulker - before spending some real money on those positions you mentioned.

Comment

If bidwell goes through then we've still only spent 3.3 million on 3 seemingly decent players on paper and in positions we needed to strengthen. That's a great bit of business to me and business that we couldn't avoid if we want to progress as a club both on and off the field. Take into account that fer's fee of 4.75m to swansea has allegedly been agreed and we're up 1.4m already in profits, and with 3 fresh faces at the club.

I think petrasso is good enough to start in place of phillips tbh, he's a real talent and can only get better and if not then we can just get someone in january or even in late august if worst came to worst.

Comment

Having an actual left back who attacks as well as defends will help us offensively. We didn't have any attacking full backs last season which made us dire to watch at times.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Defence will be sorted with this signing.
            No need for any goalkeepers.
            Once Fer,Sandro and Phillips are sold we can add whatever we raise to the current budget and look for a CM, winger and striker.
            All looking good.

Comment

Probably waiting to shift the big earners just incase they fail medicals or moves fall through.

Comment

All about consolidation and building. Going to sort left side of defence this season, and right back next. We've got good goalie options so just a few more years to go!

Comment

Is anybody interested in Hoilett?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Is anybody interested in Hoilett?
                    Got until tomorrow to decide if he wants to stay apparently

Comment

I think we need the leadership as well as a more solid lb. Robinson looked good but obvious fitness issues. Kpekawa looked good but still very young so can't see him do 46 games a season.

Comment

Could Robinson be ear marked for left wing role??? Was getting forward and putting ball in on his debut

Comment

Just hope we can bring in some striking options, not sure we have anywhere near the goal scoring players we will need to even stay in mid table mediocrity
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

If the Bidwell deal goes through then that's 2 club captains through the door, just what we need.

Comment

Perch only decent RB we have. Definitely need cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X