Rangers should go for Aron Gunnarsson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers should go for Aron Gunnarsson

The Icelandic Captain showed more leadership in 90 minutes last night then Wayne Rooney has mustered all tournament.

At 27 he's in the prime of his career and isn't a regular at Cardiff; he has bags of experience and brings a wealth of enthusiasm, fight, pride and that priceless commodity (something that is entirely absent in the England set up) LEADERSHIP.

I for one would love to see Aron anchoring our defensive pivot, after last nights performance i'd hand him our captaincy over Nedum.

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2005–2006 Ţór Akureyri 11 (0)
    2006–2008 AZ 1 (0)
    2008–2011 Coventry City 123 (6)
    2011– Cardiff City 183 (20)

National team‡
    2005 Iceland U17 7 (2)
    2006–2008 Iceland U19 16 (1)
    2007–2011 Iceland U21 11 (1)
    2008– Iceland 62 (2)

I think a number of teams might be after him now.

Comment

I'd have him here, but cardiff will be wanting a large fee because of the tournament he's currently having. You do have to question why he's not been getting a look in, though.

Comment

Can't base a purchase on a couple of games against poor opposition at international level.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
          Can't base a purchase on a couple of games against poor opposition at international level.
          agree with this. The fact he cant get a game at Cardiff probably says it all.

Comment

Anyone remember the way Heidar Helguson played with fight and pride - Aron Gunnarsson has twice that.
            Thing is he hardly played for Cardiff last season because of injuries and he is now only playing the game not training at all.
            The one we should go for is right winger Johann Gudmundsson who wants to leave Charlton after their relegation,
            He is young and I believe he topped the list for assists in the Championship with a relegated team.
            Now Ragnar Sigurdsson the centerhalf, who plays for Krasnodar in Russia has been immence for the Icaland team but will end up in the PL next season

Comment

We still linked to Magnusson?

Comment

We almost signed the lad who scored last night remember that?

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nn-sigthorsson

Comment

Its a one off game. Couldn't get in Cardiffs average side last season. No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    Its a one off game. Couldn't get in Cardiffs average side last season. No thanks
                    Done very well in every game so far, but get your point.
                    Clearly has something about him and maybe a change of scenery will do him the world of good.

Comment

Remember Joel Campbell from the World Cup?

Got to do it week in, week out at club level otherwise it is a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Remember Joel Campbell from the World Cup?

Got to do it week in, week out at club level otherwise it is a gamble.
                        A lot of Arsenal fans seem baffled that he doesn't get more of a look in as he's looked decent when played.
                        Being wasted at Arsenal.

Comment

Joel Cambell decent? Worst player ever at the Emirates.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            Joel Cambell decent? Worst player ever at the Emirates.
                            Thats an exaggeration.
                            Not saying he's necessarily Arsenal standard, but theres a decent player in there.

Comment

Originally posted by >><< View Post
                              The Icelandic Captain showed more leadership in 90 minutes last night then Wayne Rooney has mustered all tournament.

At 27 he's in the prime of his career and isn't a regular at Cardiff; he has bags of experience and brings a wealth of enthusiasm, fight, pride and that priceless commodity (something that is entirely absent in the England set up) LEADERSHIP.

I for one would love to see Aron anchoring our defensive pivot, after last nights performance i'd hand him our captaincy over Nedum.

Senior career*
                              Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
                              2005–2006 Ţór Akureyri 11 (0)
                              2006–2008 AZ 1 (0)
                              2008–2011 Coventry City 123 (6)
                              2011– Cardiff City 183 (20)

National team‡
                              2005 Iceland U17 7 (2)
                              2006–2008 Iceland U19 16 (1)
                              2007–2011 Iceland U21 11 (1)
                              2008– Iceland 62 (2)

Interesting first post the man with no name
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X