End Of Euros Report: England Player Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hart - Needs to be dropped, looked shaky at City all season

Cahill and Smalling - Neither are natural leaders, were exposed by Iceland when we needed someone to step up and organise the defence. Worryingly for England we don't seem to have a natural leader at CB - Stones not the answer

Rose & Walker - Agree they were two of our better players but Walker gets exposed massively when he has to concentrate on defending - Clyne better at defending and personally I don't see much between them going forward. Rose over Bertrand but for me Luke Shaw would walk in over both of them when fit.

Dier - One of our better performers - does his job well and wins possession in front of the back 4 - His passing will improve with experience

Lallana - Played well I thought - worked hard, looked silky and creative just a shame about his end product a lot of the time - Think he will improve even more under Klopp

Alli - Massive expectations and didn't really live up to them - Think he is naturally one of our better players and shouldn't be judged too harshly considering he wasn't played in the position he has been smashing it for Spurs in all season. Wasn't helped by static players in front of him or lack of space from other teams sitting back.

Henderson and Milner - Average players. I actually thought Henderson had a good game when he played and he still didn't stand out from the rest - shows his ability really, next Gerrard? pfft. Squad player at best.

Kane - Looked jaded and after a pretty poor first game seemed to crumble under the pressure - shouldn't have been given so much responsibility on set pieces or given as much game time as he got. Will come good in the future, naturally one of the best finishers we've got.

Sterling - Looks completely clueless whenever he gets the ball, complete lack of confidence has ruined him. Still only young so hopefully Pep can sort him out.

Sturridge - Always looking to make things happen so cant fault him for that. Played out of position so he pretty much slowed play down every time he got the ball by trying to cut back on his left rather than lash a cross in. Still has a role to play for England I feel but needs to stay fit throughout the season.

Vardy - Didn't get as much game time and didn't really suit the type of games we were involved in. Feel for him really after the season he's had - better management and we may have seen a different story.

Rooney - Played fairly well in first two games dictating the play from midfield, stupidly dropped for the Slovakia game and never regained his form. Not sure we'll see him again in a major tournament.

Wilshere - complete lack of match fitness. Wasn't shocked when he was picked as he's old Woys golden boy but honestly I was gobsmacked at the amount of minutes he played. Probably our most technically gifted midfielder but needs to stay fit if he is to play a part in future.

Rashford - The most exciting thing to come out of this embarrassing tournament. Looks ridiculously calm and composed for an 18 year old on the biggest stage.

Hodgson - Absolute crook. Hasn't got a scooby. Right from the start he showed that from his squad selection. How can you go into a tournament with one (out of form) winger in Sterling and then proceed to play 4-3-3 for the entire thing??? Where was Antonio or Townsend who had been on fire toward the end of the season. Overlooked the massively in-form Danny Drinkwater and Mark Noble for Henderson who has been bang average all season and will continue to be for the rest of his career because that is exactly what he is - bang average. Also think Cresswell for West Ham should have been given a look in over Bertrand - certainly better than Rose and Bertrand defensively and looks composed on the ball. Then once we got there it was clear he didn't know how to utilise any of his players. But the thing that topped it all off for me was dropping 6 players (including his bloody captain - what other manager in their right mind rests their captain when 3 points are still needed from a game???) for the Slovakia game.

Conclusion - FA appointed another imbecile and its led to the most embarrassing display we'll ever see from an England team. Don't hold much hope for the future either, honestly couldn't give two s***ts about the England national team anymore, they don't deserve the massive support they get in each major tournament. Things wont change, the FA are old, crooked and set in their ways. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone when Southgate or some other lifeless soul is appointed manager next.

Comment

Working...
    X