Next England manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Blanc, hiddink, AVB and LVG all available. If the FA is gonna go foreign again then the new man will have to be one of them.
    LVG, now that is a proper and realistic shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      LVG, now that is a proper and realistic shout.
      Done fairly decent at international level, but the way he acted at times and the way he was treated at United has made him a bit of a joke figure.

Comment

Not being argumentative here, but can you name one other person of his young age that has managed and doesn't want to Do It anymore. Prem or otherwise. It would be a massive backwards step imo, employing a man not involved in football, whatsoever.
        I respect your opinion Kev but England is virtually a part-time job. It's incomparable to club football. And it's hardly accurate to say he's "not involved in football, whatsoever."

The sad thing about all this is we're even having to mention the likes of Hoddle because there simply aren't any other viable English contenders out there, and what a sad indictment that is on our game. Howe in a few more years maybe, but there's really no one else at this present time.

As I say, the foreign route is a totally different story, if that's what the FA decide to go back to. But is that really what people want - another foreign coach for our national side?

Comment

JFH doesn't make the betting.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...manent-manager

Comment

I'm sure we would all like an Englishman, but the way i see it:
            Hoddle: Out of the game for too long.Only got to see Bartons comments on him to see his ancient views.
            Venables: Cant believe i have to explain this one, but seeing as someone is suggesting him...He runs a hotel in spain....enough said.
            Neville: One manager job, made a mess of it. Part of this coaching staff and didnt seem to offer any tactical input.
            Southgate: Is this not just following the Roy / McClaren production line. Not for me, cant stand the bloke.
            Eddie Howe: Far too early in his managerial career to look at.
            Harry Redknapp: Made it as a manager as he has the ability to persuade club owners to part with their money. Seen it for ourselves tactically useless.

I genuinely dont see another "potential" england manager who is English. Would also be firmly against appointing any pundits on the basis they seem to know what they are talking about. Completely different profession and no indication it would work as hasnt in the past. Take Shearer for example, has no problem ripping into players / teams and poor management, yet seems to forget he took a fairly decent Newcastle side down from the prem in his 1 managerial job.

Need someone who is able to compete tactically as i feel we are centuries behind modern day tactics. Going to have to go abroad IMHO.

Comment

Pains me to say it , but you just know it's going to be Southgate,

Comment

Pains me to say it , but you just know it's going to be Southgate,
                i get that feeling too. For some reason i feel like smacking his face every time i see it. Might have something to do with his Pen against the Germans, but i do not like the bloke one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  I'm sure we would all like an Englishman, but the way i see it:
                  Hoddle: Out of the game for too long.Only got to see Bartons comments on him to see his ancient views.
                  Venables: Cant believe i have to explain this one, but seeing as someone is suggesting him...He runs a hotel in spain....enough said.
                  Neville: One manager job, made a mess of it. Part of this coaching staff and didnt seem to offer any tactical input.
                  Southgate: Is this not just following the Roy / McClaren production line. Not for me, cant stand the bloke.
                  Eddie Howe: Far too early in his managerial career to look at.
                  Harry Redknapp: Made it as a manager as he has the ability to persuade club owners to part with their money. Seen it for ourselves tactically useless.

I genuinely dont see another "potential" england manager who is English. Would also be firmly against appointing any pundits on the basis they seem to know what they are talking about. Completely different profession and no indication it would work as hasnt in the past. Take Shearer for example, has no problem ripping into players / teams and poor management, yet seems to forget he took a fairly decent Newcastle side down from the prem in his 1 managerial job.

Need someone who is able to compete tactically as i feel we are centuries behind modern day tactics. Going to have to go abroad IMHO.
                  This is a problem of the premiership. Most of the managers are foreign. I am sure that there are some good English managers out there but they aren't being given a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Hoddle.
                    Lovely bloke but he completely failed to recognise the problem last night until very late on.

None of them had a clue vs 4-4-2 and none of them figured out the best way of playing a 4-3-3 against that set up. In a nutshell we had no movement off the ball and as many as eight England, facing backwards, static in front of our own ball which was way too slow. Movement off the ball in front of AND behind it is vital. Poor old Alli had movement but most of the time was ignored or found himself with static team mates
                    The key was in turning them. That's how you unlock, you create that space through movement. It took Hoddle 80 minutes to comment on this, and even then ignored the problem of the slow, slow build up vs 10 behind. When Hodgson was appointed I wanted Wenger as he would have had no transfers to fvck up and the pick of defensive coaches.

Look at what Eddie Jones has done to the England rugby team, loosers to grand slam and now 0-3 in Australia. He is tactically astute but the lads identify with him and he lets them have a bit of a laugh, nights off, a few beers. He got rid of a lot of dead wood and the set up now has fewer coaches and suits in tow than before. When push comes to shove, the team play for him. That's the relationship needed.

Comment

Maybe we should get the part time dentist from Iceland. He didn't do too badly.

Comment

Big Sam would be my choice

Comment

Shaun Derry

Comment

Actually think Southgate will turn out to be a decent international manager, but might be a few years too soon for him.

Comment

Sir Clive Woodward.

There may be the odd bit of handball..... But at least they'll get a boot up their lazy, overpaid poncy ar$es.

I still can't believe I spent 90+ minutes of my life watching that dross.....

Comment

Southgate

I, personally, think the FA will try and get Pardew in. He will reject it and we will end up with Southgate, another uninspiring manager with as much charisma as a genital wart.

Would like to see Eddie Howe get the job as I like the way he plays football, however I can't see him giving up club coaching for the England job.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X