No announcement yet.

England-Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rashford summed it up for me. Came on in the 85th minute, did a nice little dribble, it went for a corner. He than ran and took the bloody corner. Why is Marcus Rashford taking corners when we have about 2mins left? Where was the organisation?!

Oh well, roll on the WC qualifiers where we will storm it as usual.

Comment

Ditch these "superstars" and get some proper players in the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Ditch these "superstars" and get some proper players in the side.
        Same problems we've seen before, I actually flagged it pre tournament.

1) Just dead on their feet. Completely out.
        2) Roy out of his depth. We all knew this when he got the job, but obviously you give him a crack of the whip.

None of them had a clue vs 4-4-2 and none of them figured out the best way of playing a 4-3-3 against that set up. In a nutshell we had no movement off the ball and as many as eight England, facing backwards, static in front of our own ball. They weren't coached properly. Poor old Alli had movement but most of the time was ignored.

Comment

Problem with Roy is he picks his starting 11, then seems to try and find a formation that might work.

Seemed intent on playing wingers, but only bought one actual winger with him to the tournament. None of our players are good enough to change the system to suit them and build a team around. Need 11 men all knowing their job and working hard to achieve it.

Comment

This bloke lol

England fans rant during the 90 minutes in Nice against Iceland last night (strong language). https://t.co/xOJ0vG5ORs

Comment

Vardy and Lallana should have played from the start. Joe Hart not.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                This bloke lol

England fans rant during the 90 minutes in Nice against Iceland last night (strong language). https://t.co/xOJ0vG5ORs
                This says a lot where you are at. I have been following english football for a long time and you have had a lot of very good footballers and managers since your last win 50 years ago.
                The burden on the players shoulders is immence from the fan (like that one) and the the media. Watching the game last night I saw an Iclandic TEAM playing against 11-14 individuals all terrified of loosing which they did. Hart is not a bad keeper, Rooney is not that bad, Kane is not that bad, Walker is not that bad. But the burden from the media and fans was to heavy for them to shine.
                Everybody in Iceland new the English team would underestimate Iceland. For 5 days all your media talked about the minnows and you know what - it sinks in.
                Booing your team going off at half time did they play better in the second half - no but instead it lifted the Icelandic players because the boos was what were hoping for.

Comment

Why are England players so lacking in confidence, they almost looked frightened throughout the game

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                    This says a lot where you are at. I have been following english football for a long time and you have had a lot of very good footballers and managers since your last win 50 years ago.
                    The burden on the players shoulders is immence from the fan (like that one) and the the media. Watching the game last night I saw an Iclandic TEAM playing against 11-14 individuals all terrified of loosing which they did. Hart is not a bad keeper, Rooney is not that bad, Kane is not that bad, Walker is not that bad. But the burden from the media and fans was to heavy for them to shine.
                    Everybody in Iceland new the English team would underestimate Iceland. For 5 days all your media talked about the minnows and you know what - it sinks in.
                    Booing your team going off at half time did they play better in the second half - no but instead it lifted the Icelandic players because the boos was what were hoping for.
                    Before the game it was already being said that if they lost Roy would be sacked. This does not help a team to prepare for a game. The fans don't always help but at least they have paid to watch what was a dreadful game.

The English players had already watched Iceland and knew that they were a reasonable team. At least they did not complain when they lost, unlike Ronaldo.

"Iceland erupts at Euro 2016 in snub to Ronaldo

At the 2016 European Championship in France, Iceland’s footballing revolution has shown the desired results, one game at a time"

See more at

http://www.livemint.com/Consumer/sK2...o-Ronaldo.html

Comment

It's Iceland in the last 16 of European championship. Whether he's told or not, he should know he would be sacked after being so pathetic. If you're going to be so stubborn as he has been, claiming he was without fault and that we were going to give someone a good hiding, then you deserve all you get when you fail.

Comment

Talksport covering the Hodgson press conference right now.
                        Roy has just said you can like it or lump it as to the job hes just done. That he is satisfied with his performance during the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                          Spot on. The arrogance we have is simply embarrassing. I doubt we would have beaten Holland twice in qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Spot on. The arrogance we have is simply embarrassing. I doubt we would have beaten Holland twice in qualifying.
                            Tbh mate, expecting our national team to have enough to beat Iceland is not arrogant at all. Also, everybody I spoke to / media I heard was saying all along how they thought it would be a tough game, I, personally, didn't witness any arrogance at all on our part?
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Iceland played poor football and their players didn't seem to be very talented. Wait 2-3 years and no-one will remember any Icelandic player.
                              Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 28-06-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Tbh mate, expecting our national team to have enough to beat Iceland is not arrogant at all. Also, everybody I spoke to / media I heard was saying all along how they thought it would be a tough game, I, personally, didn't witness any arrogance at all on our part?
                                Whoever interviewed Evra after France Ireland kept saying it will most likely be England and Evra called him out on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X