England-Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hh9 View Post
    Still some sour grapes. I can tell you the stick the England team got from the terraces did not help the players.
    The Iceland TEAM must be the best pub side ever. Beating the national teams of Netherlands, Turkey, Czech Republic, Austria and England drawing against Austria and Portugal on the way to the quarter finals.
    I think it was England's year and we would of won it so easily if we hadn't faced the mighty Iceland and horrible people didn't boo at sterling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      8-1 when I looked at the tournament start, then 5-1 when we got through and had to play the dog and duck in the quarter,
      We have never been shorter odds than France or Germany.

Comment

• Can't praise England or make any excuses for them whatsoever when they are that shite, same as i cant for Rangers either.

Comment

• The money that players now receive playing football, means they are wide open for criticism when they don't perform. I have watched pretty much every England game in World Cup Finals / Euro's on TV since 1974 (I know we didn't qualify) and whilst we have had many lows in the past, I don't think I have witnessed a more inept English performance, especially after getting the perfect start.

Comment

• 3 or four penalties early doors would have been the perfect start, we were done!

Comment

• The pub side arrives at their home pub

https://t.co/4U3w8fXegC

The people at the pub seem do like how they played

Comment

• Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                The pub side arrives at their home pub

https://t.co/4U3w8fXegC

The people at the pub seem do like how they played
                No different to the Brooke House sumday team pulling into Hillingdon after winning the Middlesex cup. Same population count.

Comment

Working...
                X