No announcement yet.

Fee agreed for Leroy Fer. Done Deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly dont fit the mould for the type of player / wages we want gonig forward, so had to go.

Undoubtedly has the ability to be by far our best player, but rarely saw it.

Have to forget how much we paid for him as that was under the "old rangers" type deals. Thought we could have perhaps got more for him, but from what i saw of his time at Swansea he wernt exactly pulling trees up over there, so guess we take the money and run.

Assuming we are going to reinvest all money saved on wages and signing fees, no reason why we cant spend a fair bit this summer.

Comment

Technically gifted players - and he has got a decent touch - still have to be managed and coached competently.

When I see a player who isn't properly motivated, I regard that as a failure of management. Neil Warnock managed to get a very decent tune out of someone Harry said was unmanageable. We were always going to end up with a load of journeymen but the problem is that non gifted players can be equally badly motivated.....
      Last edited by hal9thou; 28-06-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

- Leroy 'wants out' Fer
        - Leroy '1 good game in 5' Fer
        - Leroy 'Big wages' Fer

Is this enough? Ultimately Leroy going for nearly £5 basically recoups what we spent on him and gives JFH wages and transfer funds. Good move.

Comment

I don't think anybody can truthfully say Fer is a terrible footballer. He is a talented lad who can be very good, his issue seems to be motivation and consistency. If a manager could get him up for it and playing well on a regular basis, £4.75m would be a snip IMO (given the current market rate for footballers). That said, I think £4.75m is a very good deal for us as it stands, given the fact he quite clearly has no fight or willingness to be playing for us. Another big earner off the books too.

Personally have nothing against him & wish him well.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            I don't think anybody can truthfully say Fer is a terrible footballer. He is a talented lad who can be very good, his issue seems to be motivation and consistency. If a manager could get him up for it and playing well on a regular basis, £4.75m would be a snip IMO (given the current market rate for footballers). That said, I think £4.75m is a very good deal for us as it stands, given the fact he quite clearly has no fight or willingness to be playing for us. Another big earner off the books too.

Personally have nothing against him & wish him well.
            This. 1 good game in 5 isnt enough for me, he lacks serious motivation and we need the dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Alright mate, let's not celebrate when we sell a technically brilliant player. Will you get excited when we sign another 2 Burton players?
              Is that a joke?

Fer has been a god awful signing for us!

Comment

Turd glimpses of what he could do but more often then not turd and a steaming one

Comment

All we need now are buyers for Sandro, Matty Phillips and Steven Caulker.........oh and JET and Tozser.........in fact if somebody could give us our money back on Conor Washington that would be useful too.

Christ, we do sign some sh*te don't we?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    All we need now are buyers for Sandro, Matty Phillips and Steven Caulker.........oh and JET and Tozser.........in fact if somebody could give us our money back on Conor Washington that would be useful too.

Christ, we do sign some sh*te don't we?!!!
                    Its a bit early to be writing Conor Washington off mate.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      Its a bit early to be writing Conor Washington off mate.
                      Did you see him play in the Euros mate?

Based on what I saw of him playing for us last season and what I saw of him in a Northern Ireland shirt I'm pretty happy to write him off to be honest. Even his career stats aren't that impressive. The bloke has had 1 good season at Peterborough and got a big money move off the back of it.

Comment

Let's right off a bloke that was playing a lone stricker against international defenders but yeah harry Kane should also be written off then muggings!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

#your a noob# footballing expert that tarbie is
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Difference between us is I've played the game. You can keep your mackies, henry, kahyati, etc etc and I'll back the players I rate and yeah he has shown nothing, hence why he will be playing premier league football

lol and ive played the game aswell and was a good player but dont go gloating about it you do get some im for talent but its no good when the players lazy and cant be bothered,he might aswell have no talent,& we`ll see how long his premiership years last!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                              Oh no, you've never just used the "I've played the game." Card. Why the hell would you say that??
                              youve gotta larf
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I never played the game at a high level but I still knew England were absolute shite and would go out in shame and never stopped saying so, but the best and most experienced footballer on the site said they would win it . Where's the reasoning there then?
                                Honestly don't think it matters, it's all opinions and guesswork, cos as old greavsie says, footballs a funny old game.
                                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 29-06-2016, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X