Redmond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I don't really get the point here? Of course it's easier, but when you have as good a cross as him, it's also easier for a top class striker to get the chances to score. Austin wouldn't have gotten the amount of goals he did without Phillips and vice versa. Two sides to the coin and whatnot.
    Point is once Austin left we didn't have the quality in the box to get on the end of his crosses, hence his numbers were lower than people expected of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Point is once Austin left we didn't have the quality in the box to get on the end of his crosses, hence his numbers were lower than people expected of him.
      Actually Phillips only had five assists last season , just one to Austin despite them playing a lot together. Even after that he didn't provide enough to Polter who is a fantastic header of the ball, although that was a whole team thing with their obsession of kicking the ball long. Last season Phillips was just poor, he doesn't track back and doesn't try hard enough for me that's why I think Redmond is better. If we hold out for 7 million he will just end up leaving on a free or 1.5 in January.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
        Actually Phillips only had five assists last season , just one to Austin despite them playing a lot together. Even after that he didn't provide enough to Polter who is a fantastic header of the ball, although that was a whole team thing with their obsession of kicking the ball long. Last season Phillips was just poor, he doesn't track back and doesn't try hard enough for me that's why I think Redmond is better. If we hold out for 7 million he will just end up leaving on a free or 1.5 in January.
        Polter's positioning is not what it should be, he spends a lot of time outside the box for a player who is perfect for the crosses that matty delivers. And as for Phillips not doing a whole lot defensively, he does actually get back, he just looks lackadaisical and lethargic when he does. He's got more tackles per game than Redmond, More interceptions per game, more clearances per game, more blocks per game. So despite clearly not trying hard enough, he's already done better than Redmond. Norwich have gotten a great deal in selling him for that much because he is not an 11mil player.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I see what you mean, and I agree wholeheartedly.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

So it's everyone else's fault?

A good player at that level, where he should be more than capable, will find those players. Poor.

Comment

Working...
            X