Redmond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redmond

If Nathan Redmond from Norwich is worth 11 million sold to Southampton yesterday

Surely Phillips is worth at least 6 - 7 million wba taking the pissss

Even if we are desperate..Tell them to fark off out of principle.

Rsss

Redmond is way better than Phillips. Phillips is out of contract next season so we should.take the money and get a new player in so we can gel as a team rather than just sell players over multiple seasons. We have Petrasso too who I would like to see starting this season.

Comment

Don't think it's about ability. Redmond is okay wouldn't say he way better than Phillips. It's his age and the fact he hasn't got a year left on his contract like Phillips.

Comment

Redmond is better than Phillips IMO. Plus he only has a year left in his deal.

Comment

Redmond did only have a year left on his Norwich contract so is an excellent piece of business by them to get 11 million for him. Most of my norwich supporting mates didn't rate him that highly. As the General said,accepting 4 million for Phillips is to low,he is an international player and still relatively young.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
            Redmond did only have a year left on his Norwich contract so is an excellent piece of business by them to get 11 million for him. Most of my norwich supporting mates didn't rate him that highly. As the General said,accepting 4 million for Phillips is to low,he is an international player and still relatively young.
            Fair enough that's a great deal for them. He's never really impressed me that much tbh 11 million seems a mad price.

Comment

11 million is to much for red , he's exciting and effective when he's on the money but can be lazy and out of touch , could be describing phillips here , i'd take 4 mill for phillips he doesn't want to be here

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                Redmond at an age where any team signing him on a free next summer would have to pay compensation, although I doubt that would have come anywhere near the 11 southampton have paid.
                Anyone else find it a bit strange they're signing players without a manager? Unless they know who they're getting in and he gave the go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                  If Nathan Redmond from Norwich is worth 11 million sold to Southampton yesterday

Surely Phillips is worth at least 6 - 7 million wba taking the pissss

Even if we are desperate..Tell them to fark off out of principle.y

Rsss
                  Phillips has nothing on Redmond mate, especially his up and down form. Even when he was 'on' form he wasn't anything special. Should of ripped up tha division last year, but was distinctly average.

If we got £4m for him, I'd be amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    Redmond at an age where any team signing him on a free next summer would have to pay compensation, although I doubt that would have come anywhere near the 11 southampton have paid.
                    Anyone else find it a bit strange they're signing players without a manager? Unless they know who they're getting in and he gave the go ahead.
                    I always find this strange. Was a bit of a shock when listening to Slaven Balic on one of the early euro games when he was talking about the signing of Feghoulhi and the fact the chairman just called him to say "i have signed you this player". Made out as if he didn't have a farking clue the deal was going on. Perhaps this is the norm in modern day football now.

Redmond - i like him. very young still and shown he can handle himself at prem lvl. Good long term singing for them i think

Comment

Redmond got a ridiculous amount of assists the year Narch went up. Decent PL player that will push on at Southampton IMO. Austin will benefit from his signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Phillips has nothing on Redmond mate, especially his up and down form. Even when he was 'on' form he wasn't anything special. Should of ripped up tha division last year, but was distinctly average.

If we got £4m for him, I'd be amazed.
                        When he was on form he got more assists than Messi... bear in mind that's playing for us, not Barcelona. He has a huge talent but he got lazy last year.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          When he was on form he got more assists than Messi... bear in mind that's playing for us, not Barcelona. He has a huge talent but he got lazy last year.
                          Easier to get assists when you have a top class striker getting in the right places.

Comment

Norwich don't get treated like mugs in the transfer market like us. See Fer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Easier to get assists when you have a top class striker getting in the right places.
                              I don't really get the point here? Of course it's easier, but when you have as good a cross as him, it's also easier for a top class striker to get the chances to score. Austin wouldn't have gotten the amount of goals he did without Phillips and vice versa. Two sides to the coin and whatnot.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X