Brexit Impact On English Football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    If Bosman was no longer relevant, wouldn't that be a big thing for the club. For example it would have meant that Austin would not have necessarily have left on a free transfer at the end of the season and we might have got more money for him.
    Exactly suspect it would just be matter of time before someone here done the equivalent and took case via UK courts

Comment

Another thing to note - if the pound continues to drop in value then players from the continent will cost a lot more.
      That would be a good thing though in my view, as it means we'd be likely to see more quality over quantity to be blended with the best of what this country has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
        Another thing to note - if the pound continues to drop in value then players from the continent will cost a lot more.
        That would be a good thing though in my view, as it means we'd be likely to see more quality over quantity to be blended with the best of what this country has to offer.
        Great point mate far to many journey men coming from abroad because they are the ready made article , stunting the progress of young home produced players

Comment

Done norths mate.
          To be honest I really can't see Brexit affecting the game as we know it in any way whatsoever.
          If the worst thing is the bosman rule gets scrapped I'd be happy with that , moody old rule that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Exactly suspect it would just be matter of time before someone here done the equivalent and took case via UK courts
            Most likely every player has a contract clause and they are free to leave after their contract expires.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              Same with employment norths. English jobs for English workers.
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Think if anything it will reduce the lower standard foreigner from coming over. Will have to be an established international quality.

Imagine it wont have much of an effect on prem football, but could well effect championship football. Could well stop the likes of Polter Cherry etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  Think if anything it will reduce the lower standard foreigner from coming over. Will have to be an established international quality.

Imagine it wont have much of an effect on prem football, but could well effect championship football. Could well stop the likes of Polter Cherry etc.
                  In the prem you wouldn't see Kante, Payet, etc. you won't get any more bargains from across the border and english players will rise in price because demand is higher (even more than now)
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    In the prem you wouldn't see Kante, Payet, etc.
                    Why are we not even going to be allowed to buy footballers from anyone in the European union anymore, i honestly didn't read that in the memo.

Comment

The argument that less foreigners would improve the England team seems utter horseshit to me, the top 15 players in the country will always be playing in the top division. If they are training everyday with the likes of Suarez and Bergkamp they are going to improve rather than training with Carlton Palmer and Geoff Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        In the prem you wouldn't see Kante, Payet, etc. you won't get any more bargains from across the border and english players will rise in price because demand is higher (even more than now)
                        I think your right clubs from the championship down will have to work harder at scouring the lower leagues like we have been forced to do .
                        ###'s plan will be proved the right whether by accident or design

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                          The argument that less foreigners would improve the England team seems utter horseshit to me, the top 15 players in the country will always be playing in the top division. If they are training everyday with the likes of Suarez and Bergkamp they are going to improve rather than training with Carlton Palmer and Geoff Thomas.
                          I disagree. Your Suarez and Bergkamp examples STILL take up squad places, regardless of their positive influence. If it means British clubs are forced to search out talent within our own leagues and do more to improve grass roots football then that has to benefit both our clubs and national team. The England team were also more successful under Ramsey, Robson and Venables when foreign players weren't as widespread in our leagues as they are today, which kind of proves the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Why are we not even going to be allowed to buy footballers from anyone in the European union anymore, i honestly didn't read that in the memo.
                            They'll just have an additional tariff....

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              Stanley has it spot on mate and you might be too young to remember when we had more english players to choose from.
                              Of course the standard of the premier league will drop but we are talking about the England team. I think a limit is certainly the way forward.
                              When you get games with chelsea and aresnal fielding far too many foreigners, how can that have a good input into our national team?
                              England is less important than the premier league because money has taken over the game, and most fans over 30 can see that!
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Stanley has it spot on mate and you might be too young to remember when we had more english players to choose from.
                                Of course the standard of the premier league will drop but we are talking about the England team. I think a limit is certainly the way forward.
                                When you get games with chelsea and aresnal fielding far too many foreigners, how can that have a good input into our national team?
                                England is less important than the premier league because money has taken over the game, and most fans over 30 can see that!
                                Geoff Thomas 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                                X