Brexit Impact On English Football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    They'll just have an additional tariff....
    So that means we well still see them then. Money's the last of the prem clubs worries nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      They'll just have an additional tariff....
      Not sure what you mean by that. EU players will come under the same restrictions a non European players in that they will need a visa and will only be able to get one if they have played for their national teams (assuming this team is in the top 50). Not sure how it would affect managers. I assume if a manager (like JFH) has played in the U.K. and passes the necessary exams, they would be able to go into management.

Comment

I assume Nas mentioned Payet and Kante as they are just two examples of players that probably wouldn't qualify for a work permit if the rules are changed.
        Payet barely got a look in at international level prior to his move here, while Kante had never played for France.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Why are we not even going to be allowed to buy footballers from anyone in the European union anymore, i honestly didn't read that in the memo.
          Well basically the rule that has applied to the rest of the world will also apply to europe now. We won't be allowed to get a work permit for a player unless he's played 75% of his national team's games in the last year and he plays for a top 70 national team. That means Kante wouldn't have qualified and neither would Payet and so many more top imports from Europe.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Well basically the rule that has applied to the rest of the world will also apply to europe now. We won't be allowed to get a work permit for a player unless he's played 75% of his national team's games in the last year and he plays for a top 70 national team. That means Kante wouldn't have qualified and neither would Payet and so many more top imports from Europe.
            Who made the work permit and playing international football rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Who made the work permit and playing international football rules?
              The FA in conjunction with the home office.

Here is an article regarding changes in the rules for non EU players. This would obviously apply to all foreign players.
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32024808

Comment

Yeah, no getting around that rule unless the FA/home office decided to relax it a bit.
                Can bet the Premier League would apply a lot of pressure on the FA to make that happen.

Comment

Not sure what the rule is for foreign managers

Comment

Hopefully they change the regulations, English football will turn to #### if we're stuck with 5 English players per team.

May as well just relax it for players from all nations.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                      Hopefully they change the regulations, English football will turn to #### if we're stuck with 5 English players per team.

May as well just relax it for players from all nations.
                      I think they should have different requirements for different age groups, like 18-21 year olds should have to play a certain proportion of matches for their club in the previous season or their national team u21 squad, etc.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                      X