Ravel Morrison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
    Out of our price range now I would imagine salary wise, 100% not the sort we should be having at our club.

With the likes of Norwich, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds, Ipswich, Brighton, Derby, Forest, Wolves & Sheff Wed in the league who are all bigger than us it's going to be difficult to attract the good championship players with us needing to balance the books. About 10th might be the best we can hope for this year.
    Makes you think why we are even bothering to go don't it .

Comment

Agree with 2 above points.

If JFH doesn't want to invest time & effort on JET. he's hardly going to want to risk bringing in another, albeit a younger & more talented version. It's about bringing in those with the right attitude now isn't it.
      And wages wise, we're trying to get away from that level aren't we ? £30k a week, maybe in the Prem but not in the Championship with dwindling parachute payments and FFP still hanging over us

Bit of a shame really, coz I quite liked him for a month or two and he could excell in the Championship, IF he knuckled down.

Comment

dont know the exact figures, but would imagine the amount of games he has actually played since leaving us from his loan spell is incredibly low.

Wouldnt go near him myself.

Comment

Got to say im in the Morrison fan club. Reckon he'd add some much needed excitement/creativity in the side.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
            Agree with 2 above points.

If JFH doesn't want to invest time & effort on JET. he's hardly going to want to risk bringing in another, albeit a younger & more talented version. It's about bringing in those with the right attitude now isn't it.
            And wages wise, we're trying to get away from that level aren't we ? £30k a week, maybe in the Prem but not in the Championship with dwindling parachute payments and FFP still hanging over us

Bit of a shame really, coz I quite liked him for a month or two and he could excell in the Championship, IF he knuckled down.
            fulham have offered dembele 28k per week.

they also have parker and mccormack on 30 plus per week. im also sure other clubs are paying high wages.

So, its not uncommon in the championship. its just that we cannot or, do not have any desire to compete for these quality players.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              As bad as the Adel one
              Difference being, Morrison isn't fit to lace Adel's boots but yeah v similar
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

All about opinions

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Difference being, Morrison isn't fit to lace Adel's boots but yeah v similar
                  Agreed.
                  Ravel came in and made a decent contribution, but not a patch on Adel.
                  If he ends up at Villa then good look to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                    Out of our price range now I would imagine salary wise, 100% not the sort we should be having at our club.

With the likes of Norwich, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds, Ipswich, Brighton, Derby, Forest, Wolves & Sheff Wed in the league who are all bigger than us it's going to be difficult to attract the good championship players with us needing to balance the books. About 10th might be the best we can hope for this year.
                    I think you are overlooking the fact that we are in London. Given the choice of a number of those sides you've mentioned, the draw of living in London could far outweigh the draw of playing for those "bigger" teams.

Comment

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ll-_-530308178

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
                        When are hitc sport ever right?
                        Not often, no!

Not sure about Morrison myself though. Talented but mental. We desperately need creativity in the attacking third but I'm not sure that a player with Ravel's checkered past is the right way to go!

Comment

Go my hopes up there! Boy, we could do with a bit of his quality.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            Still hoping we might get Morrsion in if Lazio cancel his contract.
                            Has that been rumoured?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Has that been rumoured?
                              No Mate! Just wishful thinking. I get the impression he's not even on our wish list tbh.

Comment

JFH is about pressing, running and passing at a high tempo...albeit when we reach that level! However, I cannot see Ravel playing that type of football. He will slow things down and will keep the ball at his feet more then it is required of him. Sometimes, he may be successful, on other occasions he will cost us.

Comment

Working...
                                X