No announcement yet.

Matt Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn“t really want to be at QPR, that“s why he should go.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      8 Goals and 5 Assists in a season where he's half arsed it isn't minimal.
      Contributing 5 assists in 46 league games, from one of our supposedly better players -bra####ingvo

Comment

Have to say, last season Matty was my biggest disappointment. I expected mid table from the side, especially after Charlie went but Matty could have done so much more and carried us onto a serious play off challenge but just didn't seem up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Contributing 5 assists in 46 league games, from one of our supposedly better players -bra####ingvo

yeah terrible assists in a full season in a poor league
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            8 Goals and 5 Assists in a season where he's half arsed it isn't minimal.
            And what kind of assists! Beautiful, powerful crosses from left and right sideline! Won't see those anymore.

Comment

I'd take the 4m, his body language tells you he wants his move to the prem.

Could be a blinding player but too injury prone

Comment

West Bromwich. Yes, I accept the surge price....

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Have to say, last season Matty was my biggest disappointment. I expected mid table from the side, especially after Charlie went but Matty could have done so much more and carried us onto a serious play off challenge but just didn't seem up for it.
                  Funny actually because I thought he did put effort in, just simply wasn't as good as we had all thought he would be.

Comment

Shh be quiet mushy Letts get our 4m 1st wait untill he's gone l

Comment

Only thing we'd need to replace is the goals he chipped in with. His contribution last season was minimal besides those.
                      He also had a few assiists. And quite frankly goals win games not just effort. Players like Mackie might make more effort viahhrunnin, huffing and puffing, but its thecend product that counts.

I think he is worth more than £4m, but as he only has 1 year left, there is the real prospect of getting less than £1m if he leaves in January.

I can only hope that QPR have a replacement lined up.

Comment

We already covered the assists.
                        5 over the course of a 46 game season.
                        Really dont think we'll miss him that much. Maybe the Phillips of 2-3 years ago, but not last seasons version.

Comment

We already covered the assists.
                          5 over the course of a 46 game season.
                          Really dont think we'll miss him that much. Maybe the Phillips of 2-3 years ago, but not last seasons version.
                          I didnt read every post.
                          Thats 5 assists but he also created chances or supplied crosses that came to nothingin the end
                          Yes 5 in 46 isnt a lot but it is a lot more than others produced last season.
                          The truth is under JFH the football was dull and focused mostly on defending and keeping things tight. It clearly didnt suit Phillips, or come to that, any other attack minded pmayer

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            I didnt read every post.
                            Thats 5 assists but he also created chances or supplied crosses that came to nothingin the end
                            The truth is under JFH the football was dull and focused mostly on defending and keeping things tight. It clearly didnt suit Phillips, or come to that, any other attack minded pmayer
                            I'd say that Chery, Hoilett and Polter all benefited from JFH but I do agree that we haven't seen an incredible level from all the attack just due to the focus being on working one to one with Polter, who JFH sees as a main man and on the defence. Hopefully the preseason will be focused on starting to create chances.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Not sure 5 is a lot more than the 6 that Luongo and Faurlin got each.

Definitely got a lot more than James Perch's 3 assists though...
                              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 22-06-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X