I've never lost it, have you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never lost it, have you?

What I'm speaking about is the buzz as fixture release day nears, I'm 53 and have that nervous excitement feeling like a big kid, embarrassing I know but it's just how I feel sitting here on Sunday Morning planning the first game of the season. Does it ever leave you?

Fixtures out tomorrow, or wednesday?

Comment

Wednesday but wished it was tomorrow

Comment

Heard its Leeds away first game!
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Football league denied the fixture leak was correct stating they run test schedules prior to actual fixtures, I would be happy with Leeds away but will have to wait until Wednesday to find out, don't want Brentford away as ticket allocation is low and although I have over 300 points that would proberly not be enough, Newcastle away would be brilliant though!

Comment

Buzz aint there for me this time round I'm afraid. Usually look forward to the Brentford, Fulham type games, but after constant embarrassment I'm just not that excited.

Comment

The first game should almost certainly be at home. Scum are at home to West Ham the next weekend, so we should be away then. So I recon that we'll be at Home the week before.

Comment

Only just about renewed this time, hopefully get the spark back one day.

Comment

will look forward the fixtures , hope we get brighton on a saturday and look forward to a long unbeaten run

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    Football league denied the fixture leak was correct stating they run test schedules prior to actual fixtures, I would be happy with Leeds away but will have to wait until Wednesday to find out, don't want Brentford away as ticket allocation is low and although I have over 300 points that would proberly not be enough, Newcastle away would be brilliant though!
                    Na was 700 last season. Can't wait for the fixtures, if anything I love it even more than when I was a little kid. I can afford to go now and buy shirts etc all the stuff I would have loved as a kid. Can't wait for our shirt release either.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                      What I'm speaking about is the buzz as fixture release day nears, I'm 53 and have that nervous excitement feeling like a big kid, embarrassing I know but it's just how I feel sitting here on Sunday Morning planning the first game of the season. Does it ever leave you?
                      Your not the only one, record early season ticket sales I read.

Comment

Used to when you had premier fixtures to look out for, but championship don't do nothing for me and who cares if we're away or home first game/last game,thrills gone for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                          Used to when you had premier fixtures to look out for, but championship don't do nothing for me and who cares if we're away or home first game/last game,thrills gone for me.
                          How did you manage during the 15 year spell outside of the top flight? Was the thrill still there then? Three years out of the last twenty in the top flight, so just curious!

Comment

Nope not for me. The excitement that so many had about championship football was a complete false statement and the football on display was shocking. Very little in it in terms of quality between champ, league 1, 2 and conference. It will be another long slog with v few highlight's
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              How did you manage during the 15 year spell outside of the top flight? Was the thrill still there then? Three years out of the last twenty in the top flight, so just curious!
                              Ha ha !! good point Norths,i guess i was a lot younger then and did look forward to it,but as i got older i only got excited by seeing the fixtures in the Prem,the question by loftbalcony was at 53 he still got excited, but i find as i've got older that excitement of the championship list has dwindled somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                              X