No announcement yet.

Remember Eduardo Vargas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas and Isla were both good players, shame we were such a mess at the time. Glad Chile are doing well.

Comment

so what if he was played out of his usual position , a good player can play anywhere . don't think his heart was in it

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane View Post
        Always turns up for international matches and never for club matches it seems...
        Has failed in every club in Europe, but it's so fashionable to blame Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Would have been good for us if played in his right position it was totally mismanaged by bagpuss
          This is the truth, we just did it all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
            Has failed in every club in Europe, but it's so fashionable to blame Harry.
            Yea the same Harry who got rid of Danny Simpson to adopt a 3 at the back formation which was ditched after one game a 5-0 drubbing at Spurs wasn't it?!

Get a grip. Awful manager. Anyone with a pair of eyeballs could see Vargas was a good player. We're QPR not Barcelona.

Comment

We seem to make a habit of making good players look bad, hope this changes under JFH.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Yea the same Harry who got rid of Danny Simpson to adopt a 3 at the back formation which was ditched after one game a 5-0 drubbing at Spurs wasn't it?!

Get a grip. Awful manager. Anyone with a pair of eyeballs could see Vargas was a good player. We're QPR not Barcelona.
                Of course he was a good player and played some good games for us. Faded towards the end of the season like almost all of our players. I cannot blame our manager alone for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  Of course he was a good player and played some good games for us. Faded towards the end of the season like almost all of our players. I cannot blame our manager alone for that.
                  Playing him out of position. Not playing him at all. I blame the manager for that. He was better than most he was replaced with.

Comment

He was played out of position at every club, not just ours. That's why his international record is superior, because he's alway played up front on international appearances. It seems to be that club managers are pretty p155 poor wherever you look. JFH not playing DC has seemed a ludicrous option for the last 3 months, so not just HR at fault at our club and not just our club being mismanaged.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Would have been good for us if played in his right position it was totally mismanaged by bagpuss
                      Totally agree
                      someone at our club decided that he wasn't better than SWP,Fat boy and others

Comment

Some of our best games involved Isla and Vargas in combination on the right....one always seemed to know where the other was. We had a run of home games mid season when we started to look a good side and climbed out of the bottom three - remember both having great games against Burnley, Man City and Villa and starring in that unbelievable game against Leicester (35 shots in that game) with those two tearing Leicester apart on the right....what is also interesting of course is that Leicester side wasn't a million miles from last season's premiership winners (Vardy, Ulloa, Schmeichel, Morgan, Schlupp, Mahrez all started, Allbrighton on as sub)...meanwhile only Onuoha and Henry are still at LR....easy to see why our fates have differed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Very good player, managed terribly.

Only bagged the 4 last night.
                          Definitely a very talented player. Also definitely not managed the best by Harry or Ramsey after Harry went.

Jury is still out on him with regards to attitude as far I'm concerned. Typical, prima-donna modern footballer for me. Only puts a shift in when he feels like, more worried about looking gangster and counting his money than whatever team he is representing.

Perhaps the reason he does better on international duty is cos he actually cares about Chile and not because they use him as a striker?!!

Comment

were there not rumors of him being a "bad egg".

Seems to have failed at every other club previous and after us, so not too sure you can blame QPR or Harry for that. Some players just suit international football better than club football.

Comment

Didn't he refuse to come on at Palace when we were 3-0 down, I don't blame him. It's like having Ronaldo, and then playing him at CM and not much game time
                              either
                              Last edited by Olly; 20-06-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Alexis Sanchez is playing like a man possessed, according to Copa America reports I'm reading. Him and Vargas are teaming up to do wonders, in a traditionally soft/poor confederation (few teams like ARG and USA aside). And as mentioned before Vargas always does well when in a Chilean shirt, so now that they are on another level it seems in this tournament, its unreal.

Good player for us though on his day.
                                Rangers Til I Die
                                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                                X