Remember Eduardo Vargas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Eduardo Vargas?

Useless for us, did nothing this past season for Hoffenheim due to injury, and currently has a hat trick against Mexico and leads all CONCACAF/CONMEBOL teams in goals so far in the Copa America. How did we have such a talent on the team and get so little out of him?

I'm not complaining, though. There's nothing better than seeing Mexico get killed.

Always turns up for international matches and never for club matches it seems...
    You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

He was good for us up until his son was born. Then I think the stress and tiredness of early fatherhood took its toll. Seemed to drift from games then disappear completely.

Him and isla had the some of the best link up play I've seen.

Comment

Would have been good for us if played in his right position it was totally mismanaged by bagpuss

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Would have been good for us if played in his right position it was totally mismanaged by bagpuss
          Exactly this! the most tragic waste...awful mismanagement...

Comment

I thought he was one of our best players in the premiership and if he and Isla had stayed I think we would have gone up last season.

Comment

A great little player.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                I thought he was one of our best players in the premiership and if he and Isla had stayed I think we would have gone up last season.
                More then two players short last season of going up Jane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

This without question. Harry was a ####. Clearly a very good player wasted. Was obvious for all to see.

You could have the best plumber in town working on your house, but see how well he does sorting out your electrics!

Comment

Wasn't there a rumour at the time that both he and Isla didn't get on with Zarate, and their commitment nosedived after he was signed?

Comment

Very good player, managed terribly.

Only bagged the 4 last night.

Comment

I always thought he was decent when he played, would have worked out well with Charlie if those 2 were played up front together.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                          Him and isla had the some of the best link up play I've seen.
                          Nothing remotely like that down the Bush anymore, and the sad thing is when we did have that quality on the pitch we were a catastrophe off it - for whatever reason, successive QPR managers have been unable to get their players settled, motivated and doing their well paid jobs properly.

Comment

The problem was him being played out of position. For Chile he plays up front,for us Harry played him wide,I'd be p.i $$ed off as well,it's not rocket science,Harry obviously thought it was!!
                            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
                              The problem was him being played out of position. For Chile he plays up front,for us Harry played him wide,I'd be p.i $$ed off as well,it's not rocket science,Harry obviously thought it was!!
                              Yup, that was down to Harry. Like I said, successive gaffers have failed to get the best out of players - even obvious quality ones like Vargas. Makes you wonder.

Comment

Working...
                              X