Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    Vardy, Fleetwood Town ffs
    Ok, lets sign every league 1 and 2 player until we find one as good a vardy then, you and les will be justified.

ffs, what is wrong with signing a few players who actually play in the same bloody league as us.

we went this route last season with league 1 players and the majority of them are pants. so are we going to do it again this season?

######,gladwin,#### striker, el kyati, washington, with luongo being the only half decent one.

if you want to go for young and hungry then would it not be better to look at the youngsters of the premier league?
    Last edited by Hitman34; 17-06-2016, 03:02 PM.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      Ok, lets sign every league 1 and 2 player until we find one as good a vardy then, you and les will be justified.

ffs, what is wrong with signing a few players who actually play in the same bloody league as us.

we went this route last season with league 1 players and the majority of them are pants. so are we going to do it again this season?

######,gladwin,#### striker, el kyati, washington, with luongo being the only half decent one.

if you want to go for young and hungry then would it not be better to look at the youngsters of the premier league?
      The issue is price. Looking from our own league will be expensive because who wants to sell to rivals. Looking above could work but it's a bit more difficult to properly scout players since the youngsters we have a chance with tend to be out of the first team picture completely. League 1 players are decent value and we can actually scout them.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Not IMO. Premium youngsters cost too much, haven't experienced much 1st team football and aren't as hungry as players from lower leagues. Surely a player should be judged on individual merits rather than "he's from the prem so he's good enough" or "he's from league 1 so he's not good enough". Very simplistic way of looking at it

Comment

Watched him in the playoff final today and a couple of times this season.

Looks like a proper number 9.

Can see him scoring a couple next season, wonder if we will regret not going for him over washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            OK, but we need to sign players NOW.
            Won't they be too tired and worn out by the time season starts?
            Let's wait until the last minute and get fresh legs, ready to run their socks off for us
            (Only kidding Shania!)

Comment

Good Idea, 12321.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Bring back Polter! At least we can predict zero points.

Trouble is we are complete $hit with a @retin of a manager and an imbecile as a DOF. Our owner is an amoeba brain in the business world and there is no plan apart from Les "spend nothing" Hoos.

Next season is a write off. Fingers crossed we survive again.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Bring back Polter! At least we can predict zero points.

Trouble is we are complete $hit with a @retin of a manager and an imbecile as a DOF. Our owner is an amoeba brain in the business world and there is no plan apart from Les "spend nothing" Hoos.

Next season is a write off. Fingers crossed we survive again.
                  Was your tongue firmly placed in cheek or are you really that miserable?

Comment

I'd hope we do what Huddersfield did and get some in on loan.

In addition, I don't see the issue with League 1 players personally...would rather have someone who had a decent last season near the top of League 1 than from the bottom of the Championship.

Comment

Cant believe people are turning their noses up at Lee Gregory , he is exactly the sort of player we should be going for . To be honest though ,i dont reckon that he would he choose us ,now Millwall are promoted anyway .
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                      X