Under 11s let in 29!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    They're a bunch of farking kids for christ sake! Can't believe this thread has reached a second page!
    Stop posting on it then.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      the most important thing was teaching the players how to play the game.

This country has failed for too long to truly develop a world class youth setup because we care most about the result. We know that Southampton have probably the best youth setup yet they barely ever win youth level tournaments. Yet they always produce players because they want to teach the players how to play the game and put the winning second.
      I completely agree that the conventional method of introducing competitive formal matches at U11s or even younger is madness - as previously stated I wouldn't even bother with 11 vs 11 until mid teens. I want kids who can look after a football first and foremost. I think we agree about that - I'd prefer to see the Brazil Futsal approach or something very similar over here. The FA must take a lot of responsibility for failing the way kids are coached in the UK.

Where we differ is on the question of approach, ie Barca vs QPR. My point is that Barca can afford a scenario where their junior teams are having lean times, since on the whole the first team prospered regardless. We, on the other hand, do not imo have a winning mentality at any level and that has to be changed (hence the reference to Shanks). To spell it out, we're more like Liverpool when he arrived - ie a second level mess - than Barca at pretty much any time.

Comment

Poor from that city account to publish the result. Wan--kers.
        Even worse, some of the newspapers carried articles on it.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
          Stop posting on it then.
          Should've known you'd be moaning on here. Slow news week and all that. Nothing to bash the first team about.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post

So if winning or losing isn't a priority for the U18 team, it would be even less of a priority for kids running around kicking footballs at age 8-10 in hooped shirts. I think a 29-1 bashing in an U11 match is a shocking display of poor sportsmanship, and I think using this result to bash named people involved in the QPR youth setup is embarrassing. All though less embarrassing than the lack of sportsmanship showed by the MCFC U11 coaches.

Comment

Should've known you'd be moaning on here. Slow news week and all that. Nothing to bash the first team about.
              Lol.. You are a miserable git.

Don't worry mate, the season will be on us soon. You can moan at us for being moany about the first team.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
                We'd do things like take Jon Obika aside before a game and tell him to make ten runs into the channel this half, tell him all we wanted him to do was see how often he could go in behind. If he gets in behind and scores then brilliant, bonus, but it was about developing his game and teaching him to do that.[/I]"
                I wonder what the coach told our u11 keeper? Kid, play with your eyes closed the entire game, it'll help develop your sixth sense.

Comment

Lol.. You are a miserable git.

Don't worry mate, the season will be on us soon. You can moan at us for being moany about the first team.
                  Perfectly happy, I don't feel an u11 side conceding 29 is a big deal. If you do, i feel a bit sorry for you if I'm honest.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Perfectly happy, I don't feel an u11 side conceding 29 is a big deal. If you do, i feel a bit sorry for you if I'm honest.
                    Ah thanks. You're still posting though aren't you.. We could make it five pages.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

29 nil though really? I went to school with a few kids who played football at academies (Abu ogogo was only one I think made it pro) and even during games.vs other schools the gap still wasn't as huge as that. City must be incredible and we must suck a bit. But as someone else said 11 v 11 at this age is poinltless, just tiring playing on a full size pitch not letting them.gain ball control. These kids don't have the physical strength to kick a ball 60 yards , they may have pin point passing but difficult to show off over those distances at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                        I wonder what the coach told our u11 keeper? Kid, play with your eyes closed the entire game, it'll help develop your sixth sense.
                        I myself would probably tell the keeper to not focus on the score, and instead focus on trying to connect x amount of passes to defenders or place x amount of kicks on the right/left side of the pitch. You know, try to turn it into a constructive learning experience.

I don't have a witty reply to this, though.
                        QPR since 1993
                        WATRB since 2015
                        First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Ah thanks. You're still posting though aren't you.. We could make it five pages.
                          Fark it, let's!
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2