England v. Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England v. Russia

Patience is a virtue. Vardy will eventually win it for you, I think.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Kin Hodgson, defending a 1-0. Asking for it. Apart from that, very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Kin Hodgson, defending a 1-0. Asking for it. Apart from that, very good.
      Useless.. Couldn't help himself, had to put one of his rent boys on. Milner shouldn't have been put on, the game passed him by.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Vardy should have started against the slow Russian defence. My mates were saying he's more impact sub, but the issue is that the rest of the team loses energy at the end and the sheer amount of through balls early on, one of them would have reached Vardy and he would have put it away.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Awful management by Hodgson. He will be the reason we fail in this tournament imo. Overall it was positive but the finer details need to be perfect such as set plays, substitutions, etc. He has a centre forward taking corners. The marking was all wrong when we were defending set plays, and the subs were a joke.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Absolute sickener that.
            I've been a big critic of Rooney but thought he was excellent in his midfield role and found it bizarre when he was hooked.
            Roys substitutions, or lack of, were shocking. Kane was poor and clearly knackered yet he leaves Vardy/Sturridge on the bench?
            Thought Lallana played well in first half but drifted out of it in the second. Sterling hit and miss as usual.
            Massive chance to get off to a winning start gone to waste.
            Frustrating.

Comment

Sterling and Lallana do not score goals. Roy will never change things until too late. Plus just what was the point of bringing Jack Wheelchair on.

Comment

Personally thought Wilshere did ok when he came on. People just seem to knock him because of the injury problems.
                Can we send Hodgson down to the frontline between the fans tonight? Get himself arrested and a replacement manager in for thursday. Win win.

Comment

Just back to the hotel. All over them first half, shocking second. How kane lasted 90 mins I don't know.

Shocking scenes at the end. We had to run out the stadium. No segregation and Russian fans storming the English after. Absolute savages. Fireworks allowed in the stadium as well.

Comment

I wouldn't lose too much sleep after that result. Beat the taffy's and a draw against Slovakia and we are there. Hodgson needed to make the substitutions after 60 minutes, he didn't and that cost us
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Sterling was ####ing awful and I have absolutely no idea why Kane was taking the same #### corner over and over again. Dreadful stuff

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                        Sterling and Lallana do not score goals. Roy will never change things until too late. Plus just what was the point of bringing Jack Wheelchair on.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          Is Sterling the new Mackie?

Comment

Think people need to chill.

They did well. Formation and set up clearly worked. Didn't mind Wilshere coming on who almost set up a second on his own, vital he can slot into that role as required. It was the intro of Milner which signalled negativity. I would have started exactly the same way, but would have subbed Kane for Vardy after we went ahead. For me Kane looked average at best.

Comment

I did not get why Kane of all your players was picked to take the corners? With his height, he should have been in the box, IMO. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X