QPR business - Lee Hoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR business - Lee Hoos

A great interview imo detailing a little bit more about the financial aspects of the club and managing expectations. Looking forward to the next parts of this.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Thanks,Nasser.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Just what this club needed.

Comment

Best signing we've made in years. Shame he wasn't the first signing of the Fernandes era.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
          Best signing we've made in years. Shame he wasn't the first signing of the Fernandes era.
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I didn't realize he was American.

Comment

Burnley fans didn't regret his departure..... I don't really buy the love in, he's a salary man, let's guage his performance on results.
              Last edited by hal9thou; 12-06-2016, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Burnley fans didn't regret his departure..... I don't really buy the love in, let's guage his performance on results.
                Fans everywhere don't like the reality of balancing the books, cos it's not their money

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                  Fans everywhere don't like the reality of balancing the books, cos it's not their money
                  That wasn't their problem, compared to us Burnley have been a model of sanity. Plus they're doing just fine without him.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    That wasn't their problem, compared to us Burnley have been a model of sanity. Plus they're doing just fine without him.
                    And now back in the Premier, it is reported that they are ready to splash 60 million on new players to survive. It ain't Burnley anymore, its more QPR of three years ago in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      And now back in the Premier, it is reported that they are ready to splash 60 million on new players to survive. It ain't Burnley anymore, its more QPR of three years ago in disguise.
                      Prefer to stick to facts, not media speculation. They haven't gone overboard so far, and one thing they're not going to be doing is spending 60 million. If they do, I'll buy the drinks.

Comment

Balancing the books would mean a long time in the championship.

Comment

fact is the price on players is rising. I keep seeing silly money being banded around by clubs for their players.

I mean Troy Deeney £20 million....really?

Comment

If Burnley want to spend within their Prem money, £60m out of £100m, and cover for relegation, what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                              If Burnley want to spend within their Prem money, £60m out of £100m, and cover for relegation, what's the problem?
                              i don't see any problem with it - they've got a solid financial base (due in part to what hoos did there), a good manager and the money that comes with being in the prem. i think that any problems that a section of the burnley fans might have had was that hoos was cautious and didn't throw money around. given that qpr doesn't have a solid financial base and can't afford to throw monay around any more, that should make him a fairly good fit for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X