Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    The issue is, it would be only Robinson and Kpekawa.
    Most clubs have 2 players for each position. We've got 2 decent LB's and Perch. Right back is the position I would be more worried about.

Comment

I know we have no reported proof but can't we take it that Robinson broke down massively after one appearance and the manager hasn't got much hope of him playing many games at all next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        I know we have no reported proof but can't we take it that Robinson broke down massively after one appearance and the manager hasn't got much hope of him playing many games at all next season?
        Maybe but I'd prefer to think JFH simply wanted to give Kpekwa valuable experience playing in the division in a handful of games. The lad did ok so kept him in to up his confidence.

Comment

The issue is, it would be only Robinson and Kpekawa.
          Wrong. Robinson, Kpekawa and Perch.

The real issue is RB, not LB.

Gawd knows how many times this needs repeating but maybe eventually the penny will drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Wrong. Robinson, Kpekawa and Perch.

The real issue is RB, not LB.

Gawd knows how many times this needs repeating but maybe eventually the penny will drop.
            Perch is a right back who has deputised at left back.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I guess you haven't read the previous posts on this thread.

Here you go, amongst others:

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...16#post1538516

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...42#post1538542

Comment

The point is we're in for a reportedly in for a total of four LBs now and zero RB's. We already have very adequate cover at LB. All the three mentioned so far have done perfectly well in that position (Kpekawa, Robinson & Perch). The RB situation is totally different with only one recognised player there in the squad. Hopefully (as Fordy says) the situation will change when the window opens but so far all we've been hearing about is one LB after the next in the press.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  I guess you haven't read the previous posts on this thread.

Here you go, amongst others:

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...16#post1538516

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...42#post1538542
                  No no I've read them, just acknowledge that he is deputising a position well. He's a right back by trade. Look at the facts. Right now we have Robinson and Kpekawa as left backs, Furlong and Perch at right back. The links to left back are brought about by Robinson not playing more than one game and having a year long injury. It's normal to be honest. We'll eventually get a right back.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Would of thought one of the reasons we are chasing after bidwell is because he is a leader of a team and we are badly lacking in that department.

Comment

The links to left back are brought about by Robinson not playing more than one game and having a year long injury.
                      Which is where I agree with the OP. IMO we wouldn't be chasing so hard for a LB if there wasn't an ongoing issue with Robinson's rehab. It casts doubts that the injury has healed properly. Otherwise him, Kpekawa and Perch would be more than ample cover. I've been impressed with Kpekawa too, and fully agree with Hal and Mush's points above on that.

Comment

I can't believe we are jibbing at 3m for Bidwell OK he's on the final year of his contract if he had longer to run on it they'd want a lot more than 3m , he's a 22 year old captain of a side newly promoted that had no worries in establishing as as a descent championship side do we really think Brentford are going to lay down and say oh QPR want him we must not stand in his way to join such a big club , stop kidding yourself Ferdinand if we don't pay it someone else will
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 07-06-2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                          Would of thought one of the reasons we are chasing after bidwell is because he is a leader of a team and we are badly lacking in that department.
                          Absolutely spot on.

JFH can come up with all the systems and tactics he wants but with very few leaders in the side we ain't winning nothing

Comment

I'd have a pound with anyone we get Bidwell.

Comment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...n-3144588.aspx

Comment

Hi Mel, when copying links would you mind adding the headline or a brief synopsis as to what it's referring to please, as not everyone can click on links when at work. Same goes to Gee if you're reading this. Much appreciated.

============

JACK ROBINSON PREPARING FOR ‘TOUGHEST PRE-SEASON EVER’

QPR defender Jack Robinson has already returned to work …
                                • Jack Robinson has already returned to Harlington ahead of pre-season
                                • Defender keen to give himself best chance of injury-free year
                                • Robinson was out for 12 months with knee injury

JACK Robinson was back at Harlington this week, putting in extra work to give himself the best chance of an injury-free year with QPR.

Read more: http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...n-3144588.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X