Englands most entertaing player ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodwasGod View Post
    The shame of it is that when Marsh and Stan were playing well England had managers who did not really rate them, Revie, Greenwood and Taylor but Gazza is the one who stands out.............mainly for THAT goal against the Scots at Wembley. Great to see some potential knocking at the door now..........perhaps?
    even Hoddle managed only 50 caps, they'd rather have headless chickens running around for 90 minutes. Reason, Bowles, Marsh, Osgood, Hudson, Worthington and players of their ilk were over-looked
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Paul Scholes was England's last world class talent but was always played out of position by the manager at the time just so gerrard and lampard could play through the middle

Most entertaining = Gazza in my era

Comment

People forgetting Ashley Cole? Easily the best left back in the world at one point, and definitely world class.

Comment

Entertaining without a doubt Gazza although that is due to my age and also the lack of decent footage of Finney and Matthews.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            John Barnes should be in there.
            barnes had the odd good game . and showed glimses but never quite did it at international level . lived on that goal for years

Comment

Garza is the most entertaining in my life time of watching England since 1972 sadly Marsh, Bowles,Hoddle, Hudson, Worthingtn and LE Tissier should have played far more but England Managers then didn't want to entertain ! And watching Friday seems Woy doesn't either !

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                People forgetting Ashley Cole? Easily the best left back in the world at one point, and definitely world class.
                Most entertaining???

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                  Most entertaining???
                  No, let me just clarify, this was in response to claims that Scholes or Gazza were our last world class player.

Comment

McManaman.

Comment

Carlton Palmer.
                      Well he made me laugh anyway.

Comment

Gazza for me.

Comment

Frank Worthington was a very skillful and entertaining player A true Maverick.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Frank Worthington, Paul Gascoigne, Tony Currie, Glen Hoddle, Alan Hudson and of course Stanley and Rodney
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Having seriously considered this and had some spare time today, I took some time to watch some videos and still cant look past Gascoigne. Yes we had world class players like Moore, Cole, Scholes, Hoddle, Lineker, Robson, Seaman, Charlton, Greaves, Banks, Barnes, Sansom, etc but no one was as good as Gazza, he was the most entertaining and also the best all round player we ever had since 1960.

Comment

The great Joey Barton deserves a mention...

Comment

Working...
                                X