is it a myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it a myth?

The whole "it's so differcult in the championship".

Burnley and Hull straight back up, we're the only ones who made an ar.se of it.

Not sure I buy the 'cold Tuesday nights in Rotherham, 46 games of war blah blah'.

Bookies and many here have two out of the three relegated prem teams to go back up next season, regardless of parachute payments I reckon, though undoubtedly helps.

Hope we haven't missed the boat with our new 2-3 plan/
    strategy

It is tricky, I do think Burnley had a great cohesive squad already and then brought in Barton and Gray to improve their team further. Our team was nowhere near the level of either of those clubs. Can I also say I love cold Tuesday night games.

Comment

Can I also say I love cold Tuesday night game.

Me too, wouldn't have minded a trip to the Olympic stadium, Rotherham is a pain to get back from

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
        Can I also say I love cold Tuesday night game.

Me too, wouldn't have minded a trip to the Olympic stadium, Rotherham is a pain to get back from
        Yeah that would have been great. Looking forward to Newcastle away though. .May still get Millwall to go to :S

Comment

Christ, yeah. Millwall. Don't suppose you were in or around the old askew arms on that day? That was a larf/mess.

Cardiff can be a good night out too, luckily I have a mate married to a taff there who can vouch 'for the cockney 'wa.nker'

Comment

Hull will struggle I reckon.

Comment

It's only become a 2-3 year plan because we didn't go up this year. I'd rather be in hull shoes and struggle next year in the Prem

Comment

Issue with us was that we didn't have a squad for this league. We went up, replaced our champ squad (a lot of loan players if you remember), came back down with a prem squad... Burnley and Hull, both had champ squads.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Same as, James. Would rather give it a (another) crack than languish in the champ...for how long. All this shi.te about consolidation/ planning etc doesn't wash woth me. I'd rather yo-yo. Bit of excitement at least.

Croydon, fair do's to hull regardless?

Comment

The championship is shi te. It's a complete myth and the hardest part is the qty of matches. However you just need a bit of quality. Newcastle ran spurs ragged and they will walk it IMO.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Nas, would a half-decent prem team (Everton?) walk the championship? I think they would. That's the point I'm trying to make, the championship is not this apocalyptic league it's made out to be

Comment

The whole "it's so differcult in the championship".

Burnley and Hull straight back up, we're the only ones who made an ar.se of it.

Not sure I buy the 'cold Tuesday nights in Rotherham, 46 games of war blah blah'.

Bookies and many here have two out of the three relegated prem teams to go back up next season, regardless of parachute payments I reckon, though undoubtedly helps.

Hope we haven't missed the boat with our new 2-3 plan/
                        strategy
                        i think that it's a first that 2 relegated teams have gone straight back up... in truth, it's not that often that 1 relegated team goes back up.

bookies also had relegated teams as favourites to go back up last year, the yer before, the year before that, and the year before that... odds at this time of year mean very, very little (although, i must admit that next season looks like newcastle + 1). that said, last season bookies reckoned that leicester were 5000/1 to win the prem (bla bla bla).

championship is a difficult league - hull (a more-or-less prem squad) just about edged past a championship team that finished around about where we did last season.

Comment

Same as, James. Would rather give it a (another) crack than languish in the champ...for how long. All this shi.te about consolidation/ planning etc doesn't wash woth me. I'd rather yo-yo. Bit of excitement at least.

Croydon, fair do's to hull regardless?
                          Yes, fair enough. I think I was unimpressed with the whole standard of our division this season. I do think they and Burnley to struggle as I don't think they will spend like I expect Boro to do.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            The championship is shi te. It's a complete myth and the hardest part is the qty of matches. However you just need a bit of quality. Newcastle ran spurs ragged and they will walk it IMO.
                            On the strength of that one game?
                            What about how they played the rest of the season?

Comment

Next season will be a great way to gauge whether its a shite standard keague or not. We will see if it's the players of quality that win it or is it the nous of experienced managers like Dyche and Bruce who make it possible, cos all the three clubs that have gone down will have managers with no experience of managing in the division

Comment

Working...
                              X