• Show
Clear All

• Washington

Scores again for Norn Iron

Good lad! He's going to be great for us next season

Comment

We need to play him continuously for the full 90 min

Comment

He needs a strike partner, Glenn Murray would actually be perfect. I would think oddly Lafferty may actually be avaliablr too.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          He needs a strike partner, Glenn Murray would actually be perfect. I would think oddly Lafferty may actually be avaliablr too.
          Lafferty is a great shout! Handy at this level and wouldn't cost the world!

Comment

Good lad hopefully we can see some of this ability next season.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Lafferty is a great shout! Handy at this level and wouldn't cost the world!
              Lafferty is pony. Gets the elbow every club he joins proper journey man

Comment

Washington and Murray could really be a superb partnership if you think about it. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I reckon Polter and Washington could be a right handful for defenders next season if we buy right in midfield and on the wings.

They need game time together imo!

Comment

I reckon Polter and Washington could be a right handful for defenders next season if we buy right in midfield and on the wings.

Bang on fella, one BFG battering ram to make holes in the opposing defence and one small fox in the box to feed of him and exploit the space and bang them in. Sorted

Comment

I'm with you all day, we need to bring in the right players and then we'll be unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                        We need to play him continuously for the full 90 min
                        Exactly. Been banging on about that for ages.

He needs a strike partner.
                        This too. So obvious it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

He scores consistently for NI (and Posh last season) for this very farking reason.

Comment

4-4-2 next season and let him and polter form a great partnership,he's not really had much game time and clearly knows where the net is.

Comment

Shame then that JFH won't select a 4 4 2.
                            Phillips on the right providing the crosses.could work wonders.

Comment

One of two things should happen next season:

1) Keep CW after the Euros, buy a good crosser on the left and play a 442 with him and polter up front but potentially disrupt the balance of the side

2) CW has a good Euros so we sell for a good profit to a PL team, use the money to buy a striker built for the 4231 and hope he gels quickly

I'd be ok with both of these but I'd definitely be curious to see if we can pull of a 442. Certainly not an easy formation to get right without the perfect balance of players.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X