Glenn Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Murray

Bournemouth ace Glenn Murray, 32, is wanted by Reading, QPR and Fulham as the Championship trio hunt a new striker: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage..._-Imageandlink

Would be signing of intent

Comment

32 yr old with 2 years left on his contract. Currently valued at £3 mill.

Comment

I think he would be useful for us, proven at premier and championship level although he is getting on a bit now but I do not think he would cost us much and would be a good addition to our squad.

Comment

I wouldn't pay anymore than £800K for him, but he would be a great addition.

Comment

Brilliant player but getting old

Comment

6'2" 159 in 439.

Comment

Wouldnt be first choice for me. If we have failed miserably and not signed a striker come deadline day, i would take him, but would hope we can sort ourselves out long before then

Comment

He isn't that old and for a decent fee he'd be a great signing. I remember when we were linked to Kevin Phillips and people said he was too old, yet he subsequently got promoted with both Palace and Leicester!!

Comment

Good old fashioned, tough centre forward.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                      6'2" 159 in 439.
                      More than 1:3 ratio is decent.

Comment

Wouldn't be my first choice but same time not against the idea of signing him.

Just wouldn't want to spend anywhere near 3 mill on him at 32 and tbh don't think we will!

Comment

I don't think a 32 year old should be worth 3m and I also don't think we will get promoted next season. If we had assemble a side of potential, then I think it would be worth the money but he wouldn't make a great deal of difference in our current squad. If we had wingers that could cross then we could utilise his strengths but we don't. We should be building a young side that will grow over 3 years like the way Southampton achieved it and Murray doesn't fit it for me so thanks but not for me. This would be icing and finishing touches but we haven't a cake
                          Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 27-05-2016, 11:28 AM.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I don't think a 32 year old should be worth 3m and I also don't think we will get promoted next season. If we had assemble a side of potential, then I think it would be worth the money but he wouldn't make a great deal of difference in our current squad. If we had wingers that could cross then we could utilise his strengths but we don't. We should be building a young side that will grow over 3 years like the way Southampton achieved it and Murray doesn't fit it for me so thanks but not for me. This would be icing and finishing touches but we haven't a cake
                            We signed 31 year old Bobby Z for 4m!

Comment

Great point and analogy about cake and icing

Comment

Working...
                              X