No announcement yet.

2016/17 Pre-Season Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two good fixtures, let's hope they turn up!!
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Flights to Eindhoven are £40 return on the day from stansted. All for it until I see we are not even playing in a stadium but what looks like a park?

2nd game looks like a 2 hour drive from Amsterdam.
      Last edited by Robsondinho; 26-05-2016, 11:20 AM.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

2 great fixtures, well done Rangers.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
          Flights to Eindhoven are £40 return on the day from stansted. All for it until I see we are not even playing in a stadium but what looks like a park?

2nd game looks like a 2 hour drive from Amsterdam.
          At least you won't need a ticket, you can watch it over the hedge!

Comment

Groningen is an enjoyable town (it has a large student population) a decent place to spend a day. It is easy to get trains from Schiphol to it (or at least it was when I last went)

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
              Two good fixtures, let's hope they turn up!!
              Hi,

Versus PSV is in a small village called Driel. An hour by car from Amsterdam. For me, it is a bike ride of 15 minutes from home... I live in Holland, follow QPR since the nineties, and made lots of trips to Loftus Road over the years. Great to see that this time I can take my bike. Last year I brought my son along (QPR-Leeds) and he had a great time as well.
              You can take a plane to Weeze (Germany) as well for a few pounds. About a 45 minutes drive from Driel.

Groningen is far away, but I thought they play in Veendam, even more far.

The Driel/Oosterbeek/Arnhem area is known from WW2 (a bridge too far). Much to see there regarding this period, especcially in Oosterbeek (where I live)

Cheers, and enjoy your trip. Need some info, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jeroen View Post
                Hi,

Versus PSV is in a small village called Driel. An hour by car from Amsterdam. For me, it is a bike ride of 15 minutes from home... I live in Holland, follow QPR since the nineties, and made lots of trips to Loftus Road over the years. Great to see that this time I can take my bike. Last year I brought my son along (QPR-Leeds) and he had a great time as well.
                You can take a plane to Weeze (Germany) as well for a few pounds. About a 45 minutes drive from Driel.

The Driel/Oosterbeek/Arnhem area is known from WW2 (a bridge too far). Much to see there regarding this period, especcially in Oosterbeek (where I live)

Thanks for the info Jeroen
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Thanks Jeroen, welcome to the madhouse

Comment

Hi,

Great post, thanks a lot mate.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the info Jeroen. how are the options if the whole trip is done without car, but rather by train?

can you get from Amsterdam easily to a nearby train station to Driel, then walk to the ground (or a short taxi ride)? Then train from Driel to Veendam?
                      Also, what site would you recommend non-Dutch speaking English to go to buy said train tickets (a la a nationalrail.co.uk type site)?

thanks in advance!
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Great post, thanks a lot mate.
                        Driel has no train station. You can take the train from Amsterdam to Arnhem (1.5 hour), and then take a taxi (about 30 pounds for taxi) or the bus. From Driel to Veendam, with public transport will take at least 3 or 4 hours. The match will be done around 21.00, you will not be able to reach Veendam that evening anymore.
                        You can buy traintickets in every station, buying online is not cheaper.

I know the English always prefer Amsterdam ( as a Feyenoord fan, don't understand why...) but why not stay for the first game in Arnhem, and for the second in Groningen. Less time traveling, more time in the pub, and you don't get ripped by the waiters as a tourist like they do in Amsterdam.

I think the problem is that QPR just picked the two grounds that are very hard to travel to by public transport.

Comment

Comment

Anyone booked up yet for the Holland tour

Comment

Driel has no train station. You can take the train from Amsterdam to Arnhem (1.5 hour), and then take a taxi (about 30 pounds for taxi) or the bus. From Driel to Veendam, with public transport will take at least 3 or 4 hours. The match will be done around 21.00, you will not be able to reach Veendam that evening anymore.
                              You can buy traintickets in every station, buying online is not cheaper.

I know the English always prefer Amsterdam ( as a Feyenoord fan, don't understand why...) but why not stay for the first game in Arnhem, and for the second in Groningen. Less time traveling, more time in the pub, and you don't get ripped by the waiters as a tourist like they do in Amsterdam.

I think the problem is that QPR just picked the two grounds that are very hard to travel to by public transport.
                              Cheers! I'm flying to Amsterdam on the Thursday, train from there to Arnhem. 2 nights in Arnhem, and I'm staying in Groningen from Monday to Tuesday. not sure about Sat-Mon though, either Amsterdam or Ermelo(to watch a training session or two).

Comment

Originally posted by Frode View Post
                                Cheers! I'm flying to Amsterdam on the Thursday, train from there to Arnhem. 2 nights in Arnhem, and I'm staying in Groningen from Monday to Tuesday. not sure about Sat-Mon though, either Amsterdam or Ermelo(to watch a training session or two).
                                Well done! Ermelo is very small and quit during the week (and weekends..)

Comment

Working...
                                X