No announcement yet.

summers hols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and the vans went Cornwall 2 years ago and loved it. Hired a bungalow right on the beach at westward Ho this year on that owners direct . As Jimmy and lymes said if we were guaranteed the weather be no need to go abroad with Cornwall and Devon driving distance
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

just back from benalmadina on a footy tour , going to napoli in the summer to stay with my pal . may go over to france if we get to the final ( i live in hope) . the mrs off to portugal in july with the sauces . may try and get 5 days away with her for a spot of romance in september

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        I will spend a few days in the Southern of Norway in July. One of my hips is not good these days, but I look forward to visit a famous Zoo in the area and If everything goes according to plan I hope to spend a week or two with my Family here in Norway. A pity I canīt go abroad, though.
        If your having problems with your hips you might want to look into getting a mobility scooter. Due to the cancer I am housebound at the moment but am getting a scooter next week so at least I will be able to get to the shops. Also it folds so you can easily transport it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Not strictly in the summer but off to Berlin next week, then Disneyland Paris in October with her and the kids.
          get ready to be robbed blind at Disney, especially if you are staying in one of their own hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            If your having problems with your hips you might want to look into getting a mobility scooter. Due to the cancer I am housebound at the moment but am getting a scooter next week so at least I will be able to get to the shops. Also it folds so you can easily transport it.
            The problem With my hibs is that they(it) suffers from a kind of rupture. They do not recommend an Operation so The doctors have said to me that the only way to heal it is by;

A) chosing the right footwear (no high heels any more) , and B) start training and doing daily excercises even at home, and then stretch, stretch and stretch after each single session.
            So from now on I know what I have to do..

Have to say, I feel so sad when I read about your problems, JMelaine. Hence, I sincerely hope you will recover long term. You sure deserve the occasional 3-star cruise and ofcourse also a satisfying QPR-season 2016-17..
            Last edited by Shania; 27-05-2016, 05:23 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I want to go somewhere that has a beach and sun. Which place can you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by elias47 View Post
                Margate's lovely this time of year!

Comment

My girlfriend's going to New Mexico next week - I can't afford it! Went with her two years ago. Amazing place. Really amazing.

Comment

Definitely don't go to Luxembourg in January
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      8th-15th July going to Almeria in Spain, well between Almeria & Mercia.

Come back for two weeks then 30th July - 5th August off to Marseille & Cassis in South of France with my kids.

18th August for 3 days in Paris with my Mrs.

Looking forward to some sun tbh.
                      I went to Almeria off season back in the 90s. Had a great time and a local cabbie let us know about a festival up in the hills that was for locals. Had a great time and found an ex pat from Herts who had a bar up in the hills that he give us lock in.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

So many places, where to start? The Greek Islands are fantastic - big or small - pretty much everything you could want from a holiday. Corfu is a bit too touristy but still beautiful - Crete is amazing with so many different places to visit. Love the smaller islands like Naxos - fantastic long beaches - or a really small island, like Antiparos.

Definitely avoid the French Riviera - packed and awful in summer time.

I've been to some incredible beaches in Turkey - Fethiye and Olu Deniz - stunningly beautiful and cheap - mind you it was 20 years ago when I went!

However my top tip is Croatia: http://www.roughguides.com/article/t...es-in-croatia/

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          hope everything turns out well jmel
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

I've been to some incredible beaches in Turkey - Fethiye and Olu Deniz - stunningly beautiful and cheap - mind you it was 20 years ago when I went!
                            I went to Fethiye and Olu Deniz 2 years ago, very touristy now!

Comment

Hope you are ok jmelanie.

The country of turkey ain't ever getting a tanner orf me. And I'm fairly selective about where I buy me bi monthly kebab.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Did NE Sardinia for about 5 yrs in a row ...as a beach/sun destination was IMHO & that of Mrs T and little t perfect

Comment

Working...
                                X