Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandro to Lisbon

Sporting not in for Andros Townsend, close on Sandro move

Reports that Newcastle and England winger Andros Townsend is set to join Sporting Lisbon are wide of the mark, but Queens Park Rangers midfielder Sandro is in line for a move, sources have told ESPN FC.

Portuguese daily Record claimed earlier on Tuesday that Sporting were closing in on the signing of Townsend after activating the release clause in his contract.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/287930...o-move-sources

Good move for him if it comes off

Comment

####ing result.. He is pony. Another mercenary gone!
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Get in. Actually getting a few aswell. What a result

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
          ####ing result.. He is pony. Another mercenary gone!
          Personally don't think he is pony. Very injury prone, and on too much money for us, yes. I agree with shifting him. However, I think he is decent and done a good job for us when he was fit enough to play.

Hope the move comes off though - as west said above, good move for him too.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Personally don't think he is pony. Very injury prone, and on too much money for us, yes. I agree with shifting him. However, I think he is decent and done a good job for us when he was fit enough to play.

Hope the move comes off though - as west said above, good move for him too.
            Fair do's, just in my opinion, the amount we paid for him, the wages he earnt, the amount of time out injured he didn't show enough for me. Also, see him play a few times for WBA this season, he was rubbish for them.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
              Fair do's, just in my opinion, the amount we paid for him, the wages he earnt, the amount of time out injured he didn't show enough for me. Also, see him play a few times for WBA this season, he was rubbish for them.
              Yea true, in terms of value for money we got for the money we expended on him, we got royally shafted! As I say, more than happy to have him moved on, but I did think (money aside) he was a decent enough performer for us when he was fit enough to play.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Good player, but circumstances dictate we need to get rid. If this comes off then happy days, one down three to go.

Comment

Good player on his day but far to injury prone for us.

Playing in Portugal will suit him. Slower and less physical football and can be part of a squad that's rotated. Be nice to get a fee for him too.

Anyone seen any quotes of how much they are buying him for?

Comment

Decent player, decent attitude but way too injury prone and we overpaid because of that.

Comment

Cant wait to get shot of him. He was a very poor buy given he had yet to prove his fitness level was back to what it was before he injured his knee. .The wages and fee were way too much.

Comment

Release clause! We signed him for 8 million didn't we? So the release clause will surely be around that mark too, that's a result.

Comment

Under performing player leaves QPR & joins Champions League team again ....

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
                            Release clause! We signed him for 8 million didn't we? So the release clause will surely be around that mark too, that's a result.
                            wishful thinking, wouldn't surprise me if it is us handing over the money
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
                              No as the story on clause relates to Townsend. It may well be for Sandros as well, but it does not quote that or QPR more likely have had an offer sufficiently attractive to cut and run on the losses if he stayed and run contract down in last year.
                              Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Working...
                              X