No announcement yet.

Junior may stay on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoilett only had 2 assists last season? Wow!

I don't think that's relevent to him though, he provided something entirely different to our team and is a game changer. He was our best and most threatening player many times.
    I'd like him to stay but yeah, on reduced terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
      A lot of people assuming he started to play well for a new contract or move. He may have been, but on the flip side he started playing well when Jimmy arrived. Maybe it is the manager getting more out of him. Players respond differently to managers.

My view is I would keep him if it is Jimmy getting the best out of him and he is on more of a respectable wage for a championship player.
      Agree with this. The assumption that the sole reason Junior played well last season was because he was looking for a new deal presides on the notion that Junior is that talented he is able to pick and choose when to play well and decided last season was his time. Very simplistic view IMO. So many variables that aren't being considered

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        Agree with this. The assumption that the sole reason Junior played well last season was because he was looking for a new deal presides on the notion that Junior is that talented he is able to pick and choose when to play well and decided last season was his time. Very simplistic view IMO. So many variables that aren't being considered

Comment

Based on Last season i would keep him , based on the previous 2 i would not!

Comment

The Junior to Toronto FC rumours are heating up a bit, he's just purchased a sports bar in metro Toronto:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFwiKZYnY7Z/
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              The Junior to Toronto FC rumours are heating up a bit, he's just purchased a sports bar in metro Toronto:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFwiKZYnY7Z/
              Tbf I don't think buying a bar in his home town adds any weight to any rumors of him going there, personally. These footallers must have investments all over the place with the money they have. Really can't see him giving up on a competitive career already (as, with respect, that's what going over to the MLS is isn't it).
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Holliet is well worth keeping hold of on a sensible salary. I don't want to pi ss on your fire but anyone that loves a stat hasn't actually worn a pair of football boots. I know you will say you've played a bit but you and Nasser live away from reality. I remember when this board never bothered talking about them and real footballing fans aired their opinion. I do agree that he needs to improve his final ball as that IMO is why sterling should never be in the england team, however having pace and ability to beat a few players in the championship is huge. You need to have a rethink and assess the level we're now playing at!

Played a bit? I'm pretty sure I've played a higher level then you mate and a fair few on this site. Don't need to defend myself on that but the fact I've played at conference level albeit it over 10 years ago now (getting on now) is a pretty good standard.
                However that doesn't mean that I know more or less than anyone who has played Saturday or Sunday football or maybe even higher on here.
                I'm also not a stat man weare!However the stat of 2 assists which I'm highlighting for a number 10 or winger is still bloody poor and I know if a manager was looking at them that would not impress anyone.
                My view on hoilett is down to watching the bloke live and the fact he's a headless chicken with no end product. If you look at my posts you'd see that I said he's played better this season but that wasn't exactly hard to achieve.

I also don't think he's worth a 20 k week deal for true next 2 or 3 years as there are better players out there who can cross a ball!

The stat comment is a load of b****cks though fella. I agree stats only tell half the story 100% but they do have a place in football as well.
                Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 25-05-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Played a bit? I'm pretty sure I've played a higher level then you mate and a fair few on this site. Don't need to defend myself on that but the fact I've played at conference level albeit it over 10 years ago now (getting on now) is a pretty good standard.
                  However that doesn't mean that I know more or less than anyone who has played Saturday or Sunday football or maybe even higher on here.
                  I'm also not a stat man west! However the stat of 2 assists which I'm highlighting for a number 10 or winger is still bloody poor and I know if a manager was looking at them that would not impress anyone.
                  My view on hoilett is done to watching the bloke love and the fact he's a headless chicken with no end product. If you look at my posts you'd see that I said he's played better this season but that wasn't exactly hard to achieve.

I also don't think he's worth a 20 k week deal for true next 2 or 3 years as there are better players out there who can cross a ball!

The stat comment is a load of b****cks though fella. I agree stats only tell half the story 100% but they do have a place in football as well.
                  I've played power-league Five aside regularly for 5 years.... PUT THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    I've played power-league Five aside regularly for 5 years.... PUT THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

That's what I been doing the last year or so down Maidstone.
                    Love it though, until I broke my tibula last week.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

That's what I been doing the last year or so down Maidstone.
                      Love it though, until I broke my tibula last week.
                      Did they have to fuse your tibia and fibula then?

Anyway, sounds nasty. Wish you a speedy recovery mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

No mate just a cast. Not a bad break and 6-8 weeks out of sport.

Done it two weeks ago and they said I just sprained my ankle. Couldn't walk on it for a week and then the nhs called me up to apologise to say they reviewed my X Ray and it was broke. Then told me they couldn't cast it for another week because they are busy! What a joke

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Holliet is well worth keeping hold of on a sensible salary. I don't want to pi ss on your fire but anyone that loves a stat hasn't actually worn a pair of football boots. I know you will say you've played a bit but you and Nasser live away from reality. I remember when this board never bothered talking about them and real footballing fans aired their opinion. I do agree that he needs to improve his final ball as that IMO is why sterling should never be in the england team, however having pace and ability to beat a few players in the championship is huge. You need to have a rethink and assess the level we're now playing at!
                          Sorry but why am I getting called out on here? Is it an alpha thing now that people who play more automatically know more about football? This is some hilarious overcompensation for something because I haven't really said anything negative about Hoilett on this thread. Think he's decent at this level but needs a wage cut obviously. He won't play that final pass but he's the sort of player to take the ball from around the half way line and force it up to the final third by playing on the ground. That in itself can get you somewhere, I just wish he could cross.

Also could I just say, Roberto Martinez played 425 career games of football and he's possibly the biggest advocate for stats in football, so much so that he has prozone built into his tv at home. So actually, he has.

And just one last thing, don't patronise me and suggest I'm not a real footballing fan. It's stupidly insulting to just say that, football is what I live and breathe beyond my actual studies to the point where I'm trying to merge my studies with Football to make it more interesting. Real footballing fans watch the sport and play whenever they can. They also call it real football fans...
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Tbf I don't think buying a bar in his home town adds any weight to any rumors of him going there, personally. These footallers must have investments all over the place with the money they have. Really can't see him giving up on a competitive career already (as, with respect, that's what going over to the MLS is isn't it).
                            I agree with you about the investments and the standard of Major League Soccer Matty, like most footballers it's all about the $ with him and if TFC can add another Designated Player (yeah, that's a thing) he could be in for another big payday!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Also could I just say, Roberto Martinez played 425 career games of football and he's possibly the biggest advocate for stats in football, so much so that he has prozone built into his tv at home.
                              And they still haven't taught him how to get a team to defend properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Haha. Wasted on the pro footballer but v good mate
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X