Junior may stay on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior may stay on...

JFH has always said he wants to keep him: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...qpr-contract-2

I'm sure we wanted to keep Parker, Ferdinand, Sterling etc it doesn't always equate with what the player wants.

I would be very surprised if he stayed with us next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      JFH has always said he wants to keep him: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...qpr-contract-2
      Pushing to get a better deal elsewhere..

Comment

I hope not! If he stays it's because we are his last choice and not because he wants tower!

I pray someone comes in and takes him off us! If he signs a new 3 year deal we will get the old junior back for the next 2 and half years until it's time to go into the shop window again!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          I hope not! If he stays it's because we are his last choice and not because he wants tower!

I pray someone comes in and takes him off us! If he signs a new 3 year deal we will get the old junior back for the next 2 and half years until it's time to go into the shop window again!!
          If Junior signed for 2 more years on £15-20K deal, I would 100% take him. The fact is Junior was class for us last year, put a shift in going forward and defensively.

Comment

Not on his money

Comment

For the right money I would be happy with that, decent enough at this level, just grossly overpaid at the moment (Not that it is his problem, more the clubs for dishing out such outrageous sums).
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                If Junior signed for 2 more years on £15-20K deal, I would 100% take him. The fact is Junior was class for us last year, put a shift in going forward and defensively.
                Firstly class no way. How many assists and goals did our 'class winger' get. He looked a lot better last year because he'd been so p*** poor the seasons before that stringing a pass to another player 10 yards away was a improvement.

His distribution and overall awareness is shocking. He's not even worth 20k a week. He's been robbing a living from us for the next two years on that wage.

Why don't we just go and sign a young hungry player who can actually cross the ball?

Comment

Firstly class no way. How many assists and goals did our 'class winger' get. He looked a lot better last year because he'd been so p*** poor the seasons before that stringing a pass to another player 10 yards away was a improvement.

His distribution and overall awareness is shocking. He's not even worth 20k a week. He's been robbing a living from us for the next two years on that wage.

Why don't we just go and sign a young hungry player who can actually cross the ball?
                  Football is a wonderful game, personally felt Junior was one of our better outlets last year. £15-20K is probably average wage for decent players at that level now. Not many will be on £10K a week anymore.

Comment

Football is a wonderful game, personally felt Junior was one of our better outlets last year. £15-20K is probably average wage for decent players at that level now. Not many will be on £10K a week anymore.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He was...but I think the point Maidstone is trying to make...is, where the f... has that Mr Hoillet been for the past few seasons ? He has had the odd good game....yes laid on goal for BZ, but in general...been very poor.
                      But this season yes, a much improved player.
                      Were the past managers all wrong? Did JFH make he an offer he couldn't refuse...? Or...was it just a case of....new contract needed, time to start playing ?

Comment

Good player but difficult to accommodate. No point trying to have him as an out and out winger. His distribution not good enough, particularly when he generally had just one striker to aim at.

Running at players in a more central role though can be excellent.

I think it highly unlikely he will stay but if he did and he was accommodated in his more natural position could be very good for us.

Will likely end up middle to lower end Premier League side or abroad.

In terms of last season I do think more to do with how he was managed. This club had been a car crash since he has been here which is no good for developing a confidence player and I get the impression that is what he is.

Comment

The bloke registered 2 assists last year! That's the same as ned and perch got more.

Phillips scored more goals and assisted more and he's been blasted on this site. Why would we want to renew a player contract on 20 k a week when his so called best season in a QPR short contributed 2 assists ��

Again I 100% agree he was better last year but he hadn't exactly set the bar high.

Hoilett is a disaster as a winger and we have player in cherry who has better stats than hoilett is assists and goals last season who played a lot less games!!

Comment

With you on that Maids even when he was good last year was only good comparable to the shlt he's been as you rightly pointed out

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                              He was...but I think the point Maidstone is trying to make...is, where the f... has that Mr Hoillet been for the past few seasons ? He has had the odd good game....yes laid on goal for BZ, but in general...been very poor.
                              But this season yes, a much improved player.
                              Were the past managers all wrong? Did JFH make he an offer he couldn't refuse...? Or...was it just a case of....new contract needed, time to start playing ?
                              I get the point he is saying, but for me Junior is worth keeping if he takes a cut of 50% on his current weekly pay.

I think in both Championship seasons he has been relatively good, of which he's played around 60 games for us. Granted in the Prem he has failed to live up to expectations, for whatever reasons, but maybe he has turned a corner?

This season IMHO Junior was very good for us, scored goals and laid on assists. As a whole the squad was poor and we finished mid table so nothing really to shout about. But Junior did turn up.... in-fact defensively he was a lot better..

I understand peoples views, tbh I can see why you wouldnt want him, but as said my football head says keep.

Comment

Working...
                              X