Karl Ready - your memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl Ready - your memories

Don't worry, he's not dead. I'm writing an article about Karl Ready (it's a kind of Where Are They Now? thing) and I want to get fans' memories about him as a player. Any stories/opinions you have - good or bad - please post them here.

I'd want to use some of the your quotes for the article, which will appear on the Yahoo Football website this week. So if you don't want your comments to be used then let me know, and they won't be. All quotes will be credited to We Are the Rangers Boys.

Some of you may recall I already did one of these on Andy Impey a while back: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/bla...110646704.html

Cheers!
    Kevin

I may be remembering this totally wrong, but I seem to recall leaving a game early with my old man when I was about 10 (so circa 2000) and missed Karl Ready getting a late winner / equalizer for us. Was the last time we ever left early (well until I got to the age of drinking and left Palace away and Foolham away at HT both 3-0, but I digress).
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Great hair.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Crap player

Was he not involved in some weird taxi incident with a man he should not have been with in the West Indies somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
          Crap player

Was he not involved in some weird taxi incident with a man he should not have been with in the West Indies somewhere?
          http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/20...e-1956282.aspx

Comment

I do remember some strange things

Comment

That is hair-larious

My memories of Karl were he headed against the post at Portman Rd in a 2-0 defeat once. That was about it.

Comment

Lived in Vinny Jones old mansion just off the m1. Indoor pool the lot. Nice drum.
                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 24-05-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Anyone else find it bizarre Boro sticking that story up on their official website?

Comment

So it doesn't say much for Karl Ready that he played more than 200 games for QPR and the main thing the fans remember about him is that he had a row with a cab driver.

Did he do anything else of note?

Comment

Steady player mate, captain when we were not that good in a pretty uneventful period for the club. Not much else really to say I don't think but I've got a terrible memory, hopefully others might remember something exciting.

Comment

I'm surprised he played that many games for us. What was the year by year breakdown of apps...anyone know?

Comment

not one of our best, very poor at times, won't be remembered for being an outstanding Rs player

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            I'm surprised he played that many games for us. What was the year by year breakdown of apps...anyone know?
                            No breakdown, but he was with us from 1990 to 2001 and played 227 league games for us, so only averages 20 odd a season.

Comment

he and Seb polter are lookalikes.
                              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                              Lovejoy: "No?!"
                              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X