Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting interview with Les Ferdinand on recent decisions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    It's not about onus Awin. The club would only "pursue" (or return with an offer) if they'd actually been keen on him for rest of the season. That's the only point being made.
    But Stan it says Les said he would of bee keen for Warnock to stay free the rest for the season , don't get what you mean.
    Les was keen for him to manage us all season while they found a new man, Neil told them he didn't want to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      But Stan it says Les said he would of bee keen for Warnock to stay free the rest for the season , don't get what you mean.
      Les was keen for him to manage us all season while they found a new man, Neil told them he didn't want to do it.
      Here's the relevant quotes Kev:

"Neil said he could do the job for eight weeks. A lot of people have asked since why we didn't keep him until the end of the season. He said to me he could do the job for eight weeks. He told Tony Fernandes the same.

That gave us eight weeks to find a new manager. We spoke to 13 or 14 different managers and at no stage did Neil say he wanted to do the job to the end of the season. Had he said to me at the beginning that he could do the job to the end of the season, give us time to look for a manager for next season, I'd have gone for that. I think his wife taking ill changed his perspective on what he was doing with his life, and that last game he had with us at Reading gave him a real taste for it again."

Nowhere there does it say that the club pro-actively offered him a deal til the end of the season. So there is a clear distinction that can be drawn there. That's the only point some folk are making. But in the grand scheme of things of course it's really of no great consequence, as it's totally academic now and all in the past.

Furthermore, it's a very minor point compared with so much else he discusses in the interview that's of far greater interest and significance, and which is really what this thread could be used to discuss.

Comment

Where's the 'Evil Les' brigade at?
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

How boring is this Warnock talk? He's not our manager and he probably never will be again. People need to get over it as it won't change that fact. Seriously everything pointed towards it being a short term thing so we would now be in the situation of probably trying to find a new manager. At least the man in charge now has had 6 months to assess the squad and get potential targets in. So while Warnock might have been more successful short term (I still don't think we would have made playoffs but that's my opinion) hopefully in the long term it has worked out for the better.

Comment

Im pretty sure Warnock is happy being the equivant of a temp/contractor at his time of life. Get paid a load for no commitment and no real pressure.
            The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
              How boring is this Warnock talk? He's not our manager and he probably never will be again. People need to get over it as it won't change that fact. Seriously everything pointed towards it being a short term thing so we would now be in the situation of probably trying to find a new manager. At least the man in charge now has had 6 months to assess the squad and get potential targets in. So while Warnock might have been more successful short term (I still don't think we would have made playoffs but that's my opinion) hopefully in the long term it has worked out for the better.
              Cracking post

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Confirm with everyone except NW..... I'd love to hear his account. May have to wait for his book, should be an informative read.
                2 sides to every story except when it is QPR heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  yet you then quote Ginge who highlights the corroboration
                  Naz, Naz...... Ginge quoted (accurately) a statement given by a club employee on TV. There was no way at that point that NW could have gone public if - and I accept its an if - he'd wanted to. Forgive me, but your PoV on this is kind of saying - I believe everything I read in the paper. NW also said he wasn't interested in another managerial position, remember? Which turned out to be nonsense.

I wanted one question answered by NW. Did he jump or was he pushed? I don't think the whole truth has been outed on this, I may be wrong, but on the basis of subsequent events I think there's more to come, and like I said earlier in the thread, we may have to wait for the autobiography.

Comment

Naz, Naz...... Ginge quoted (accurately) a statement given by a club employee on TV. There was no way at that point that NW could have gone public if - and I accept its an if - he'd wanted to. Forgive me, but your PoV on this is kind of saying - I believe everything I read in the paper. NW also said he wasn't interested in another managerial position, remember? Which turned out to be nonsense.

I wanted one question answered by NW. Did he jump or was he pushed? I don't think the whole truth has been outed on this, I may be wrong, but on the basis of subsequent events I think there's more to come, and like I said earlier in the thread, we may have to wait for the autobiography.
                    I like NW but don't see the fascination for what happened this last season. He came in, helped out for a while and left. End of story.

We have JFH, seem to have some kind of plan going forwards. Only time will tell if it works but people need to get over NW.

Comment

More like - I believe what I've been told by the gentleman in question himself. It's almost like you look for every fact you can find relevant, then one comes up that disproves everything and you just go "Well he said that as an employee so he won't be honest". You're turning a blind eye to the fact that you've been looking for just because it didn't have the outcome you wanted. Btw, do you have the interview where he says he isn't interested in another managerial role during or after his tenure with us?
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        I like NW but don't see the fascination for what happened this last season. He came in, helped out for a while and left. End of story.

We have JFH, seem to have some kind of plan going forwards. Only time will tell if it works but people need to get over NW.
                        He must have got an email from him so has a special bond

Comment

See Gallen and his cronies having a pop again on twitter. Apparently this interview has upset them.
                          Even Les has told him to get over it.
                          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 29-05-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            See Gallen and his cronies having a pop again on twitter. Apparently this interview has upset them.
                            Even Les has told him to get over it.
                            Would trust the gallens over les and his cronies everyday of the week.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              Would trust the gallens over les and his cronies everyday of the week.
                              Because no one stands for QPR more than someone who's taken every possible opportunity to have a pop at it right?

At least Les wants to improve the club, all Kev Gallen (Not Steve in any case, Steve is a great guy) has done is insult the club.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Because no one stands for QPR more than someone who's taken every possible opportunity to have a pop at it right?

At least Les wants to improve the club, all Kev Gallen (Not Steve in any case, Steve is a great guy) has done is insult the club.

Comment

Working...
                                X