No announcement yet.

Guirassy and Ngbakoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about character not where they're from. I think over the years there's often been strong British CB's because they, in many cases, tend to be able to play as British CB's always have, ie tough and hard with not too much culture.... I think it's mostly those types that stick in the mind, bar obvious exceptions like Rio in his prime. Other positions on the pitch have needed more evolution in the last 20 years.

That said, there are foreign CB's of that type just as good if not better. Arguably the best CB in this country over recent years was Vidic. Arguably the best we've had in recent times was Nelson. All about attitude.

As for spines of teams.... again it's a myth brits will be better. The likes of Vieira were as good as any. What you don't want is foreign players that go down like they've been shot if anyone brushes past them. You need players with steel and determination.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      It's about character not where they're from. I think over the years there's often been strong British CB's because they, in many cases, tend to be able to play as British CB's always have, ie tough and hard with not too much culture.... I think it's mostly those types that stick in the mind, bar obvious exceptions like Rio in his prime. Other positions on the pitch have needed more evolution in the last 20 years.

That said, there are foreign CB's of that type just as good if not better. Arguably the best CB in this country over recent years was Vidic. Arguably the best we've had in recent times was Nelson. All about attitude.

As for spines of teams.... again it's a myth brits will be better. The likes of Vieira were as good as any. What you don't want is foreign players that go down like they've been shot if anyone brushes past them. You need players with steel and determination.
      Good post

Comment

It is about character, but its also about the culture at the club, about the belief system in place. Or lack of one.

People forget that Leicester's run started when the were massive odds on to be relegated. Then something happened. They started to believe. Ranieri's biggest achievement was keeping that feeling intact, it would have been so easy to blow it.

For me JFH's biggest challenge is instilling that belief because we don't play like we have any, that's one reason why we freeze in derbies. If he can get them to play for him, we're sorted. But it's a huge if.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          It is about character, but its also about the culture at the club, about the belief system in place. Or lack of one.

People forget that Leicester's run started when the were massive odds on to be relegated. Then something happened. They started to believe. Ranieri's biggest achievement was keeping that feeling intact, it would have been so easy to blow it.

For me JFH's biggest challenge is instilling that belief because we don't play like we have any, that's one reason why we freeze in derbies. If he can get them to play for him, we're sorted. But it's a huge if.
          So true Hal. For an AI you're very astute. Is this the latest upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            So true Hal. For an AI you're very astute. Is this the latest upgrade?
            I'm still not opening the pod bay doors.

Comment

with nearly 10 mil in the bank after today. hopefully we can use some of that money to sign up these two lads along with a midfielder, maybe lansbury, dack or even ravel morrison.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                with nearly 10 mil in the bank after today. hopefully we can use some of that money to sign up these two lads along with a midfielder, maybe lansbury, dack or even ravel morrison.
                If spe ulation is to be believed, it's only £8.5m incoming as Fer's deal includes £1.75m in future add ons.

Plus we've already spent nearly £3m on 3 incomings so far.
                We need to be realistic, £5m may not be enough to fund all those 5

Comment

Are you saying you think there was nothing in the transfer kitty to begin with?

Comment

There would have already been a budget prior to out goings. You can't gaurentte we would of offloaded so there would have already been funds put aside. Moving players on will only strengthen our kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                      There would have already been a budget prior to out goings. You can't gaurentte we would of offloaded so there would have already been funds put aside. Moving players on will only strengthen our kitty
                      Lee hoos clearly stated there are two oots of money. 1 was obviously the oot of sponserships, season tickets, parachute payment and tv money. Which im sure covered the three buys so far.

Pot 2 which is the sale of players.

Comment

Pots not oots lol.

Not to mention that 10mil we got for sterling in january.

I exspect there to be at least 10 mil to spend on 4 or 5 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          Yep, agreed.
                          We're skint, but not that skint

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            Not to mention that 10mil we got for sterling in january.
                            We got that last summer

Comment

I'm still confident (praying) there is a minimum of ten million still to be spent before the season kicks off. Always said 15 to 20 and still believe it. Well i believe it even more now we have sold and moved on a couple of big earners for nothing.

Comment

Kevin, I think spending the sums you reckon will depend on Sandro/Caulker going aswell, otherwise it'll probably be less than 10

Comment

Working...
                                X