Great transfer window!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbray View Post
    If i'm manipulated then you're damn right deluded!!
    We're a small club that has spent way beyond its means for the past 4 years and the threat of the FFP is still looming over us and will be for some time i imagine.

None of those players mentioned above EVER warrented their wages or the fees we paid for them as frankly, they never cared about the club.

Like it or not we have to take a different approach to signing players and can't splash the cash anymore. We have to sign diamonds in the rough and break them in as we did we players last season like you know .... the guy who got our player of the year
    1. We are not that small you think.
    2. Yes we spend stupidly, but won't do that again.
    3. FFP is not as big risk as it was a year ago.
    4. Those players were expensive, but that standard players are expensive everywhere
    5. Sign diamonds in the rough with our scouting history

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      Erm, Leicester ?
      Vardy's salary is £80 000 a week, Mahrez £55 000. Okazaki cost £8,8m, Kante £7m etc.
      Nowhere near Padula's £500 000 signing fees and £10 000 salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post
        Another teeth itchingly frustrating thread. I'm not sure when most participants started supporting this club but if you're only interested in a flashy, garish club that throws cash in the air as if it were March blossom, I think you might have come to the wrong place. The more recent years of inordinate and exorbitant spending have been less of a crescendo and more of a deviation from us... well, being ourselves.

The badge, the video board, the fancy kit manufacturers, the big name managers, the big money signings and all the expensive attempts to make QPR more salubrious have changed this club. And for all the well-intent, have probably damaged it too. Rather than buying a tramp a Gucci suit... you should probably start with a wash, a hot meal and a chance at earning his own future.

QPR is the most wonderful team to support. It'll let you down for the most part but every 5-15 years it does something plucky and gutsy that nobody was expecting. QPR develop players, find players, steal players and conjure players from the least likely of sources. Players from Belfast, Paddington, Blackpool, Manchester, Pretoria, Buenos Aires and Rosario have come to this club for next to nothing, grasped it and fallen in love with it. When those players pull on a QPR shirt, magic happens. Magic that not just any football club can replicate. THAT's what we all fell in love with. Not expensive, unscrupulous tykes with venomous celebrity desire. Sustainability aside, that approach has brought some of the more painful seasons I've ever had to endure. A violent steer clear of it is nothing but welcome in my eyes.
        Great post and I agree. I'm actually looking forward to this transfer window and I get excited by signing less known, potential gems from the lower leagues or from abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Briankey81 View Post
          Great post and I agree. I'm actually looking forward to this transfer window and I get excited by signing less known, potential gems from the lower leagues or from abroad.
          Just like every ####ing season before.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
            That's quite romantic point of view. We live in a different world now. If you want to play Premiership football you need to have a decent squad. You cannot have that with no money.
            And, NEWSFLASH, we can't splash the cash any more! AND we are not as big a club as the Leicester's and Burnley's and Middlesborough's of the world, hell we aren't even in the top 10 of the biggest clubs in the Championship, and therefore we have to spend as such. We haven't got a choice.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              And, NEWSFLASH, we can't splash the cash any more! AND we are not as big a club as the Leicester's and Burnley's and Middlesborough's of the world, hell we aren't even in the top 10 of the biggest clubs in the Championship, and therefore we have to spend as such. We haven't got a choice.
              How do you define how big a club we are?

Comment

How do you define how big a club we are?
                Size of ground, and fanbase. You?
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                  The players we have had have been good players fer caulker Phillips hoilett ect unfortunately have played under shite managers like redcrapp ramshit and jf hassle ####
                  Agenda changes based on the point being made. 1 week: Caulker Phillips Hoilett, terrible players. Next week: Good Players, terrible managers...
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Size of ground, and fanbase. You?
                    Property of the owners is the biggest factor nowadays.

Comment

Vardy's salary is £80 000 a week, Mahrez £55 000. Okazaki cost £8,8m, Kante £7m etc.
                      Nowhere near Padula's £500 000 signing fees and £10 000 salaries.
                      We spent that sort of money not so long ago and where did it get us.
                      Other clubs have spent far more than that and done just as shite.
                      Which probably goes to prove that throwing money at the situation doesn't necessarily get you anywhere.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

Property of the owners is the biggest factor nowadays.
                        Nope, just not at all. It's irrelevant if the club doesn't make revenue. You could have multibillionaires owning a Conference side. If they don't have a big enough stadium/fanbase, they will not become a big club.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                          We spent that sort of money not so long ago and where did it get us.
                          Other clubs have spent far more than that and done just as shite.
                          Which probably goes to prove that throwing money at the situation doesn't necessarily get you anywhere.
                          I agree, but spending money wisely is a different thing. I want us to spend money wisely. To buy good players who cost us £3-8m and salaries of £20-30k.

Comment

I agree, but spending money wisely is a different thing. I want us to spend money wisely. To buy good players who cost us £3-8m and salaries of £20-30k.
                            If you know many good £8m players who are happy to take £30k a week I'm sure jimmy would be all ears. Care to name a few who fit that bill ?
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Nope, just not at all. It's irrelevant if the club doesn't make revenue. You could have multibillionaires owning a Conference side. If they don't have a big enough stadium/fanbase, they will not become a big club.
                              It's not irrelevant. Hardly any club make revenue. Property of the owners, fan base and size of the ground are the main things and I think the property of the owners is the biggest factor nowadays. Our twitter has about 300 000 followers, we filled Wembley easily so we do have a lot of potential fan base. Wealthy owners make it possible to build a bigger ground. Wealthy owners are the biggest factor.

Comment

It's not irrelevant. Hardly any club make revenue. Property of the owners, fan base and size of the ground are the main things and I think the property of the owners is the biggest factor nowadays. Our twitter has about 300 000 followers, we filled Wembley easily so we do have a lot of potential fan base. Wealthy owners make it possible to build a bigger ground. Wealthy owners are the biggest factor.
                                Wealthy owners are a means to a goal, but they are not the final goal. Ultimately we are a potentially larger club than we are, but right now, our rich owners are irrelevant because the club isn't making money. So they have to cut costs, followed then by the bigger stadium and bigger continuous fanbase. Until that is achieved, we are a smaller club, with potential to be big.

Comment

Working...
                                X