No announcement yet.

England v Turkey this Sunday at Man Citys ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wright always is the optimist so I believe that for sure. Hart made an error for their goal but overall the average friendly against weaker opposition, we struggle for a bit, play well for a bit then somehow scrap a win.

Comment

England are 8-1 fourth favourites to win the euros. That's like printing money. Lump on

Comment

QF at best for me.

France, Germany, Spain, & Belgium will be far superior to us. I think we fall into the group of teams like Italy, Portugal, Sweden, even Wales, that if we play well we might do OK.

I can't look past the French to win the whole thing, and may even have a double of France winners with Pogba player of the tournament. Belgium are a big price at 11/1.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Was a decent weekend up in Manchester apart from it rained of course all the time but always enjoy going to Man Citys ground and they have possibly the best and certainly the largest fans pub called Mary D`s which was excellent

Tickets for England members were only £20 in advance and so got seats on the halfway line with cushioned seats and a cracking view in what was to honest a pretty uneventful game apart from confirming that Kane and Vardy have to be first on the team sheet

Ali was I though poor and I hope his great season has not fizzled out and as for Hart well what can I say?

As predicted a lot of infighting with City and United fans especially at the Etihadd Tram stop and of course Leeds and Turkey fans in the Norther Quarter before the game

Roll on the game against Australia in Sunderland Friday night

Comment

Totally agree. Ali was woeful, hart needs to be dropped for Forster but won't be. Vardy needs to start, and I'd play Rooney in the midfield. Our passing was pathetic
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              QF at best for me.

France, Germany, Spain, & Belgium will be far superior to us. I think we fall into the group of teams like Italy, Portugal, Sweden, even Wales, that if we play well we might do OK.

I can't look past the French to win the whole thing, and may even have a double of France winners with Pogba player of the tournament. Belgium are a big price at 11/1.
              Agree with all of that bar Belgium comment. On paper they're a fantastic side but they always flatter to deceive. Fancy France to win it and us to get to QFs at best. I've had a little punt on Martial top scorer just as I thought 25/1 was way too big a price.

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Totally agree. Ali was woeful, hart needs to be dropped for Forster but won't be. Vardy needs to start, and I'd play Rooney in the midfield. Our passing was pathetic
              I didn't see the game yesterday so can't comment on performances, but Delle Ali is a fantastic player. The most promising youngster we have had since Rooney burst onto the scene, and in previous England games he seemed to have taken to international football like a duck to water.

Also personally think Hart is England's best keeper quite comfortably.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Agree with all of that bar Belgium comment. On paper they're a fantastic side but they always flatter to deceive. Fancy France to win it and us to get to QFs at best. I've had a little punt on Martial top scorer just as I thought 25/1 was way too big a price.

I didn't see the game yesterday so can't comment on performances, but Delle Ali is a fantastic player. The most promising youngster we have had since Rooney burst onto the scene, and in previous England games he seemed to have taken to international football like a duck to water.

Also personally think Hart is England's best keeper quite comfortably.

Totally agree Matty, although some of these so called friendlies don't really offer much in the way of usefulness other than giving the players a run out.
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Like Shearer and Wright say before every tournament . This is our year. This time the dream becomes reality.

Ha ha ha ha. Same old same old , uber hyped and mass hysteria and out early with totally lack lustre performances.
                  Then the next tournament, say and do it all, again, repeat ad infinitum.
                  Add Lee Dixon to that list too, was really biggin this side up last night............... and me, reckon this is our year
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    I've had a little punt on Martial top scorer just as I thought 25/1 was way too big a price.

I think you can take your pick from the French forwards for TGS. Griezmann, Martial, Gignac/Giroud who ever plays as the central striker.

Muller will always score the German goals.

Lakaku will do well.

Ronaldo if on form will be the best goal scorer at the tournament but won't be helped by his poor team mates, so doubt he would have a chance.
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Ali didn't have his best game, but has been out for a few weeks because of suspension, although did set-up the first goal. Dropping him would be mad, he's got the potential to set this tournament alight!

As for Hart, not sure why he needs to be dropped? He made a world class save at the end of the game?

Comment

Working...
                      X