No announcement yet.

Newcastle want Caulker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I mean, just keep staying out on loan cos nobody will want to pay any money for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      That's what I mean, just keep staying out on loan cos nobody will want to pay any money for them.
      Well, that's good for us...

1. We got a fee of nearly up to £2million pounds for Caulker alone this year.
      2. Caulkers wages are paid for in full...

Good business.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        Well, that's good for us...

1. We got a fee of nearly up to £2million pounds for Caulker alone this year.
        2. Caulkers wages are paid for in full...

Good business.
        Selling would be much much better though, to free some funds for jfh to buy more burton players.

Comment

Selling would be much much better though, to free some funds for jfh to buy more burton players.
          Yep, selling is key, but as you saw last year it was hard to shift for the right fee etc etc.... IF he goes out on loan and we get another fee for him we've done well IMO.

Comment

Didn't Corker play up front for the Scousers in a game or 2? Could be a handy option for us
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

How people think Caulker is worth less than 5/6 mil is beyond me in the current market. You seen how much sh 1te british players are going for? 6mil is a good start for a player like him. Physically a solid defender but technically lost completely, he's worth a lot because of his physique (something you can't really teach a defender). British players are so overinflated that Caulker for 6 mil is considered an ok deal to many outside this club.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                How people think Caulker is worth less than 5/6 mil is beyond me in the current market. You seen how much sh 1te british players are going for? 6mil is a good start for a player like him. Physically a solid defender but technically lost completely, he's worth a lot because of his physique (something you can't really teach a defender). British players are so overinflated that Caulker for 6 mil is considered an ok deal to many outside this club.
                Given he was bought for a reported £8million and that he now only has 2 years left on his current deal, I would say he's probably only going to get £3million MAX. He isn't setting any records or stats that suggests he worth anymore than that.... otherwise we would be begging to keep the lad?

To add the guy has had a disaster season, playing 6 games on loan at two teams.. It says it all really.
                Last edited by qpr4life; 20-05-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Hahahahahaha, the only club funnier than that shambles would be villa. Bite their hands off

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    How people think Caulker is worth less than 5/6 mil is beyond me in the current market. You seen how much sh 1te british players are going for?.
                    Well if Kieran Trippier can go from Burnley to Spurs for £3.5m while he is on a 3 year contract with Burnley, then yeah our superstar CB who has failed to get a first team place at 2 PL clubs (and 1 with a CB shortage) should easily be £6m +

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Well if Kieran Trippier can go from Burnley to Spurs for £3.5m while he is on a 3 year contract with Burnley, then yeah our superstar CB who has failed to get a first team place at 2 PL clubs (and 1 with a CB shortage) should easily be £6m +
                      Exactly. Some people are utterly deluded in what they think our players are worth. Caulker has repeatedly failed at the top level, has had off the field issues and is completely bang average yet figures of 5/6 million are being bandied about. Just because we had our pants pulled down don't expect other clubs to do the same. He's not very good. I'd accept a couple of million and another overrated loser off the wage bill

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        Exactly. Some people are utterly deluded in what they think our players are worth. Caulker has repeatedly failed at the top level, has had off the field issues and is completely bang average yet figures of 5/6 million are being bandied about. Just because we had our pants pulled down don't expect other clubs to do the same. He's not very good. I'd accept a couple of million and another overrated loser off the wage bill
                        Yep, precisely this. Wouldn't be averse to him staying and settling down, could be an asset. However he has failed at his last three clubs including us so his stock not particularly high.

Comment

I know I'm firmly in the minority here on this subject maybe on my own in fact but I actually wouldn't mind keeping caulker and playing him alongside Hall.

Think they have the potential to be one of the best pairings in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            I know I'm firmly in the minority here on this subject maybe on my own in fact but I actually wouldn't mind keeping caulker and playing him alongside Hall.

Caulker is a paper player - only place he looks good.

Comment

to free some funds for jfh to buy more burton players.
                              glad you haven't lost your sense of humour Kev...... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

I'm with you on that. Caulker in the Premier League is utter pony imo. But in the Championship? Could be handy, provided he WANTS to play. Which i doubt.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2