• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Football League shake up?

http://www.skysports.com/share/10288212

To possibly take place in 3 years time.

What do you guys think of this?

Only thing I didn't like in that was the mention of Premier League B teams. If there is to be a League 3, let the top teams from the Conference fill the gaps, and each league below compensates.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

It's fine how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Only thing I didn't like in that was the mention of Premier League B teams. If there is to be a League 3, let the top teams from the Conference fill the gaps, and each league below compensates.
        Well as usual , it would only be brought about for the benefit of prem teams Ginge ! also not keen on a winter break how would that ease fixture congestion for the championship leagues 1 2 3 if they only play 38 games instead of the 46 plus cup games they play now

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Well as usual , it would only be brought about for the benefit of prem teams Ginge ! also not keen on a winter break how would that ease fixture congestion for the championship leagues 1 2 3 if they only play 38 games instead of the 46 plus cup games they play now
          Can't disagree with that at all dogs mate
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            how would that ease fixture congestion for the championship leagues 1 2 3 if they only play 38 games instead of the 46 plus cup games they play now
            8 less games to schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
              8 less games to schedule?
              Sorry not being clearer I meant a winter break if we are 8 games less

Comment

Promotion/ Relegation will be a mess during the 18/19 season.
                Take the championship as an example - 7 down, 3 up from league 1?

Comment

Part of the reason for the change is because of the possibility of the 2022 world cup being held in the winter. There has been talk of the premiership being changed from 20 to 18 teams but that isn't mentioned in this article.

Comment

Less matchday income for football league teams (because of less matches). Can't see players reducing their wages for playing less matches so can't see this going down well.

Comment

The paymasters of all football Sky TV, would not be happy without midweek games.

I cannot imagine loss of Monday night football being agreed by Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Promotion/ Relegation will be a mess during the 18/19 season.
                        Take the championship as an example - 7 down, 3 up from league 1?
                        If it happens, I can't imagine it will happen in one season but gradually over say one or two seasons. When the premier league was changed from 22 to 20 teams, four teams were demoted and only two teams promoted. This could happen over two seasons.

I think if they do decide to do this, the championship (or whatever they decide to call it) should receive similar money for tv rights. The difference between the tv rights for premiership football is becoming ridiculous and is resulting in many teams spending vast sums of money hopefully to be promoted or prevent being demoted. This is the primary cause of clubs getting into financial trouble.

In principal I think 20 teams is a good idea. Had changes been made this season, our season (and the season of several other teams) would not have in affect finished with about half a dozen games still remaining. Also Fulham would no longer be in the Championship.

Comment

F**k prem B teams all this so they can give their spare players descent competitive football, which they don't get at the moment leave it alone if it aint broke
                          Last edited by dave58; 20-05-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Good for our National team!

Comment

I hate the sound of it tbh. I love midweek games and think it would be awful to lose them.

Comment

Working...
                              X