The best, most realistic striker we can hope for this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    QPR are still a very attractive option for many players in the championship. Yes we are not throwing around silly money any more but when we say we are being more considerate financially that doesn't necessary mean we are not a upwards club!

All we are doing is being more sensible with that we offer and more prudent and strategical with acquisitions. A few years ago we'd splash the cash pay over the odds and offer silly money. Now we are offering transfer fee's that are more in line with peoples true value and sensible wages that top of at 20,000 a week.

When you bare in mind that the average wage of a championship player last year was £6,500 and we can offer up to another £14,500 on top of that then I am sure there are many players who take us seriously.
    Really spot on mate!!

Comment

No way is average wage in champ £6500

Comment

If they don't use their option, get Lars Veldwijk from Nottingham Forest out at PEC Zwolle on loan, good dutch striker, tall, good age, 14 goals this season in 35.
        Mitchell Te Vrede as well
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Will Grigg won't get near them figures he got in league 1. He's not that good hence the reason Brentford bombed him. I think we will have to look abroad for a striker as any decent one in this country will cost a fortune. I can see prices getting stupid this summer will the prem money coming in will have a roll on effect to the football league. Andre Gray was 9 million with 18 goals I can see someone like Wells going to Villa for like 10 million quid
          You say that now, watch him get 20 odd goals next season
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            No way is average wage in champ £6500
            That's was the average basic in the league last year but doesn't include appearance fees or any other bonuses. Purely just the basic!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
              It's also worth noting that at Brentford he was played out of position by the mastermind that is uwe rosler and had some
              Injury trouble. Consistency is everything with forwards plus he's now at an age where he's developing his game. Personally believe he will do well in the championship whoever it's with

Comment

QPR are still a very attractive option for many players in the championship. Yes we are not throwing around silly money any more but when we say we are being more considerate financially that doesn't necessary mean we are not a upwards club!

All we are doing is being more sensible with that we offer and more prudent and strategical with acquisitions. A few years ago we'd splash the cash pay over the odds and offer silly money. Now we are offering transfer fee's that are more in line with peoples true value and sensible wages that top of at 20,000 a week.

When you bare in mind that the average wage of a championship player last year was £6,500 and we can offer up to another £14,500 on top of that then I am sure there are many players who take us seriously.
                A lot of truth there Maids but if you're already a championship level striker ready for the next move up I'm not sure a few extra grand would be the sole determinant of where you choose to end up. You are definitely going to look very hard at the kind of service you're likely to get on the park, the tactics and you're going to ask yourself that is going to be progress you're career. That's why I reckon we may have to look lower down, which isn't a necessarily problem if we're looking hard enough everywhere.

Comment

I know he's not a striker but craig noone is available on a free transfer from Cardiff and I would snap him up in a heart beat. Good player and decent age.

Also Le fondre on a 1 year deal maybe 2 at 29 isnt a bad back up option.
                  Le Fondre is cr@p imo. He had one good season.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    A lot of truth there Maids but if you're already a championship level striker ready for the next move up I'm not sure a few extra grand would be the sole determinant of where you choose to end up. You are definitely going to look very hard at the kind of service you're likely to get on the park, the tactics and you're going to ask yourself that is going to be progress you're career. That's why I reckon we may have to look lower down, which isn't a necessarily problem if we're looking hard enough everywhere.

Massively agree with you about the service. We will more than likely lose hoilett and Phillips in coming weeks and obviously we have released Faurlin.
                    We need to focus massively on midfield and creative acquisitions. I definitely want another striker to add to the mix , however if we get the right people in who ca provide the right service I'm confident Polter and Washingotn will score plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      If they don't use their option, get Lars Veldwijk from Nottingham Forest out at PEC Zwolle on loan, good dutch striker, tall, good age, 14 goals this season in 35.
                      Speaking of Dutch strikers, perhaps JFH can snatch one from there.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Scott hogan of Brentford ? Finished season well and wouldn't be to pricey

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                          Admit it. You just want him for that song

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Think that league is pony Nas, plenty of players tear it up over there and cant do it here. Normally on much better goal ratios than that aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                              Think that league is pony Nas, plenty of players tear it up over there and cant do it here. Normally on much better goal ratios than that aswell.
                              Chery worked out pretty well to be honest. Same for Bony and plenty of others historically (Suarez and Ibra to start it off). There are always duds from every league but if a player is a talent, he's a talent irrespective of the league IMO. Look at Charlie, moved up leagues like no man's business.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Been mentioned on here 1000's of times over the years, but we really missed out on Hooper.
                                Sheff Weds paid £2.7mill for him and scored 13 this season from November to May.

Comment

Working...
                                X