Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best, most realistic striker we can hope for this summer

Nahki Wells

Was disappointed we didn't go for him when he was at bradford, but with him scoring 17 goals and 4 assists in his first full season in the championship I think he could definately make the step up with us.

Although still willing to give Washington time I think we're gna need a proven goalscorer at this level if we really want to push on and looking at the top champ strikers this year he is the most realistic as he shouldn't cost too much and we'd be a genuine step up for him from Huddersfield.

Andre gray got 18 goals last year and look how he's pushed on now. As well as this with big Polt up top I think he'd give us that all needed pace and cutting edge.

Anyone else got any ideas? Maybe a gamble on a player from abroad for a bit cheaper?

In the UK you mean.
    In saying that, with 17 goals, Huddersfield are not going to let Well's go for cheap. With 3 years on his contract as well, I'd probably add this to our unrealistic category.

Comment

Roofe or someone from abroad, or a player who is getting no game time at a premier league club like Bamford.

Comment

I think Washington & Polter will score, they just haven't been getting the service and hopefully that is what JFH is working on this summer.

Comment

I can't see them scoring more than 10 though myu

Comment

Would be very happy signing Wells from Huddersfield. Can see them holding out for silly money though which might price us out

Comment

Anything less than £7m is a steal for him, can't see us spending that sort of money on one player. May depend on moving on Fer, Sandro, Caulker, Phillips if anyone will take them. It's not jus the signing on fee but also wages, bonus etc that has to be taken in consideration. A lot bigger and richer clubs in the championship than us this season.

Comment

Reckon theyd want 5/6 mill for him tbh and don't know if we spend that on one players.

If we were going to offer anything like that id want us to try for kodija at Bristol city.

Comment

I know he's not a striker but craig noone is available on a free transfer from Cardiff and I would snap him up in a heart beat. Good player and decent age.

Also Le fondre on a 1 year deal maybe 2 at 29 isnt a bad back up option.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Reckon theyd want 5/6 mill for him tbh and don't know if we spend that on one players.

If we were going to offer anything like that id want us to try for kodija at Bristol city.
                    would agree with that value, if not more. Dont know what sort of financial situation they are in, but his goals is going to demand a big fee.

Kodija may well be a slightly cheaper option and can also bring goals.

Would be over the moon with either.

Comment

Realistically:

Nicky Ajose
                      Sam Winnall
                      Billy Sharp
                      Paddy Madden
                      Adam Armstrong
                      Lee Gregory

Slightly less realistically:

McCormack
                      Martin
                      Dembele
                      Judge

I'm sure we're also looking abroad though.

Comment

There's no way he'd come here. He'd want to move upwards and anyway we're don't create enough to interest a striker at this level. From lower down maybe.

We've had plenty of opportunities to make sensible investments under TF - Rhodes back in the day when he wanted out of Huddersfield comes to mind - and we've blown an awful lot of them. There is talent lower down the batting order, its the club's job to identify those targets.

Personally I think we need someone who can pass the ball and create a bit of space as a first priority.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          There's no way he'd come here. He'd want to move upwards and anyway we're don't create enough to interest a striker at this level. From lower down maybe.

We've had plenty of opportunities to make sensible investments under TF - Rhodes back in the day when he wanted out of Huddersfield comes to mind - and we've blown an awful lot of them. There is talent lower down the batting order, its the club's job to identify those targets.

Personally I think we need someone who can pass the ball and create a bit of space as a first priority.
                          I dont even think non league or pub team players would want to leave sunday morning football to join our tin pot club who don't create chances and are up there with being in the running as the worst club on the planet,
                          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 18-05-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

QPR are still a very attractive option for many players in the championship. Yes we are not throwing around silly money any more but when we say we are being more considerate financially that doesn't necessary mean we are not a upwards club!

All we are doing is being more sensible with that we offer and more prudent and strategical with acquisitions. A few years ago we'd splash the cash pay over the odds and offer silly money. Now we are offering transfer fee's that are more in line with peoples true value and sensible wages that top of at 20,000 a week.

When you bare in mind that the average wage of a championship player last year was £6,500 and we can offer up to another £14,500 on top of that then I am sure there are many players who take us seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Realistically:

Nicky Ajose
                              Sam Winnall
                              Billy Sharp
                              Paddy Madden
                              Adam Armstrong
                              Lee Gregory

Slightly less realistically:

McCormack
                              Martin
                              Dembele
                              Judge

I'm sure we're also looking abroad though.
                              Both in bold will never happen whilst we are in the champ.

Comment

Working...
                              X