Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stan Bowles And Dementia. Very Good & In Depth Interview With His Daughter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Bowles And Dementia. Very Good & In Depth Interview With His Daughter.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-dementia.html

Legend. Absolute legend.

Nice read and its great what his family is doing for him everyday, can't imagine what it must be like for all od them.

I wasn't even a twinkle in my dads eye when Stan was playing but the reaction and admiration QPR fans still have for him nearly 40 years after he last played for us is truly amazing.

The people who got to see him play in that golden era are truly lucky people indeed.
    Does anyone have any good personal stories about him? It'd be great to read some!

Comment

Posted this link up on Facebook and it's blown up off the richter scale.
      Lot more people interested on there in this interview.
      Legend in every sense of the word. Such a shame.
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 17-05-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        Nice read and its great what his family is doing for him everyday, can't imagine what it must be like for all od them.

I wasn't even a twinkle in my dads eye when Stan was playing but the reaction and admiration QPR fans still have for him nearly 40 years after he last played for us is truly amazing.

The people who got to see him play in that golden era are truly lucky people indeed.
        Does anyone have any good personal stories about him? It'd be great to read some!
        I was a kid growing up and watching Stan,he was was truly amazng,my eldest brother who was a mad,mad West ham fan used to come to as many Rangers games as he could just to watch Stan,thats how special he was :o)

Comment

I have some lovely Stanley stories, I used to work a bar at Wembley Stadium on greyhound nights, Mondays and Fridays and Stan and Don Shanks were regulars ( on Fridays as well of course!!). I asked him to shut Malcolm McDonald up who was mouthing of prior to our away game up there in Newcastle in our best season. He said " dont worry I will shut up super mouth ", and he really did. Had a blinder and leapt in his face when we got the winner. I went to that match on the train and remember doing the conga all the way through the train on the way home!! Happy days and memories. He was a true gent, always had time for people and a true legend. Also my favourite Stanley goal was a last minute free kick he curled into the top corner of the loft in the last minute of an FA Cup replay v Coventry......the place erupted!!

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
            I was a kid growing up and watching Stan,he was was truly amazng,my eldest brother who was a mad,mad West ham fan used to come to as many Rangers games as he could just to watch Stan,thats how special he was :o)
            so scoobes, were you the rascally rebel in the family that tried to raise everyone as Hammers, or was your brother the runt who swayed away from Rangers?
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
            X