No announcement yet.

Play off new structure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should only be 1 leg in my view. 6th play 5th at 5th ground. Winner plays at 4th ground. Winner meet 3rd at 3rd ground. No wembley.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      Should only be 1 leg in my view. 6th play 5th at 5th ground. Winner plays at 4th ground. Winner meet 3rd at 3rd ground. No wembley.
      I like that.

Comment

Bah humbug.

Comment

Why change everybody knows the rules at the start of the season if you aint in the top 2 your in a play off that's it. I understand there can be a big points difference between teams, and it should be over the season, but it ain't and we all have to live with it, wonder how many times the 3rd team hasn't got to the Prem via the play off's

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Why change everybody knows the rules at the start of the season if you aint in the top 2 your in a play off that's it. I understand there can be a big points difference between teams, and it should be over the season, but it ain't and we all have to live with it, wonder how many times the 3rd team hasn't got to the Prem via the play off's
            Because you should gain some benefit of finishing 3rd to 6th. At moment, no difference

Comment

Fine as they are.

Comment

Because you should gain some benefit of finishing 3rd to 6th. At moment, no difference
                Everybody knows from the outset that if you're in the top 2 in the division after 46 games, you go up automatically, huge benefit for these places. After that, 3rd and 4th do still get the benefit over 5th and 6th as they get the home leg of the playoffs second. Perfectly fine as it is, no need to change the system at all. It would be woefully boring if the season simply ended after 46 games and that was that until the August.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Everybody knows from the outset that if you're in the top 2 in the division after 46 games, you go up automatically, huge benefit for these places. After that, 3rd and 4th do still get the benefit over 5th and 6th as they get the home leg of the playoffs second. Perfectly fine as it is, no need to change the system at all. It would be woefully boring if the season simply ended after 46 games and that was that until the August.
                  spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Madness mate. Best day of my life as a qpr fan.......................Ooooooh Bobby Zamoraaaa!!!
                    Agree! Whenever things are not going well for us I think back on that magical moment!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Madness mate. Best day of my life as a qpr fan.......................Ooooooh Bobby Zamoraaaa!!!
                      It was a superb day....

But I also remember 'SQUARE IT TOMMY WILLIAMS'

However I wouldnt get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                        It was a superb day....

But I also remember 'SQUARE IT TOMMY WILLIAMS'

However I wouldnt get rid of them.
                        Pass it Tommy, pass it!

To be honest, my biggest regret of that whole day is that Danny Shittu didn't just rugby tackle that Andy Campbell before he got his shot away.

Comment

Agree mate.

Comment

Playoffs are great and defines the Championship. Without it the lower leagues would be what they are, a bit rubbish with players that aren't all that good ...........the playoffs brings some much needed razzmatazz....p that day at Wembley is up there with a League Cup and not far off an FA cup final.
                            I like it as it is.

Comment

By some benefit I mean play 1 leg and the higher team is at home. Why do we need 2 legs? One reason only is money. Make it quick and simple. 3 games and higher team has home advantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X