No announcement yet.

Play off new structure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 up 3 down, scrap the playoffs to be honest. we've had our glory day at wembley!
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I think they should get rid of the play offs. The season is very congested, especially give the weekends when there are no games due to internationals. If the season was extended by two weeks, there would be fewer mid week matches.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        I think they should get rid of the play offs. The season is very congested, especially give the weekends when there are no games due to internationals. If the season was extended by two weeks, there would be fewer mid week matches.
        Mid week matches are great.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Not everybody can go to mid week matches, especially if there is a lot of travelling involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            3rd from bottom side should play the 3rd from top side in the league below in a one-off at Wembley.

i think they run it like this in a couple of countries (germany springs to mind), i think the team 3rd from bottom tends to survive a bit too often.

btw, wasn't it originally the 3rd bottom team in the old division 1 and the 3rd, 4th and 5th in (the old) division 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
              Scrap the play-offs entirely.

Over a season the team that finish 3rd should go up, the play offs are just money spinning for the FA.
              Which is why they won't get rid of them. I hear this as well, I think it was Dominic Corks idea so only discussin point and not anything seriously being mooted. The headline and poll is a little misleading in that respect.
              I think the playoffs are very exciting but they have never been fair. You can also argue the discussed idea is also unfair although it does go some way towards alleviating the 3rd and sixth situation. I just spoke to a Brighton fan who was there last night and he said that everyone knows the rules at the start of the season and they sneaked into sixth on the last day of the season the other year so they can't really complain.

Comment

I like the format, keeps the season interesting for many teams. You enter the lottery and if your numbers don't come up you don't win anything, teams enter the leagues and know they have to finish in the top 2 or 3 or they don't get promoted but they have a second chance. If it ain't broke .......
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Would hate to get rid of the games of an evening. Boro, Brighton and Derby were all great midweek games this year.

Comment

Get rid of the play offs???

Has anybody who was at THAT day said that in here?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Get rid of the play offs???

Has anybody who was at THAT day said that in here?
                      Madness mate. Best day of my life as a qpr fan.......................Ooooooh Bobby Zamoraaaa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                        i think they run it like this in a couple of countries (germany springs to mind), i think the team 3rd from bottom tends to survive a bit too often.

btw, wasn't it originally the 3rd bottom team in the old division 1 and the 3rd, 4th and 5th in (the old) division 2?
                        Yeah, vaguely remember Chelsea playing Boro one season and there being a riot

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          No leave it as it is, is very exciting
                          agree with this. Everyone know's the deal at the start of the season, if your team finishes 3rd, then thats tough, you knew what you were getting before the outset.

Also why i love this league, with 10 games to go, pretty much all the tams have something to play for whether it be relegation or a late magical run into the play offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Madness mate. Best day of my life as a qpr fan.......................Ooooooh Bobby Zamoraaaa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              I like them as they are. It's pretty straightforward really and the team finishing 3rd always get 2 advantages anyway, namely playing the supposedly weakest team AND get to play the second leg at home.
                              Agree with that, there is nothing wrong with the current format. All sides in the division know what the deal is, finish in the top 2 or go into the lottery that is the play-offs.

To be honest, if they're going to mess with the system I'd sooner they actually changed it so the play offs included 17th in the Prem. i.e. 1st and 2nd in the Championship go up, 19th and 20th in the Prem go down, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the Championship as well as 17th in the Premiership have a play off. Now that would be exciting!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 17-05-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Agree with that, there is nothing wrong with the current format. All sides in the division know what the deal is, finish in the top 2 or go into the lottery that is the play-offs.

To be honest, if they're going to mess with the system I'd sooner they actually changed it so the play offs included 17th in the Prem. i.e. 1st and 2nd in the Championship go up, 19th and 20th in the Prem go down, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the Championship as well as 17th in the Premiership have a play off. Now that would be exciting!
                                Problem is Premier league and football league are different entities and the prem wouldnt agree to that. I agree though that a playoff with a prem team would be exciting.

Comment

Working...
                                X