Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Which to me shows that remain campaign could have done more. What will Sunderland working class do when Nissan decide to move their factory elsewhere? It will not be immediate but I understand this will happen due to Brexit over the next years.
    How do you know what is happening in the board room of Nissan?
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      The best thing about Brexit is the remainions are so so so angry. Am enjoying their outbursts and public crying so much on Facebook and Twitter .
      It's old age white rascists who did this to us etc etc ha ha.
      They are utterly pathetic Kev.

Comment

• David Lammy Tottenham mp suggesting the result should be rejected
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Absolutely fantastic achievement guys, the country is split in half, and now we have in prospect a rabid right wing regime that will obviously have all of your instincts at heart. Well done let's see what pans out over the next few months, I wouldn't hold you breath, good luck leave voters!

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            David Lammy Tottenham mp suggesting the result should be rejected
            Some people just don't like democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
              Absolutely fantastic achievement guys, the country is split in half, and now we have in prospect a rabid right wing regime that will obviously have all of your instincts at heart. Well done let's see what pans out over the next few months, I wouldn't hold you breath, good luck leave voters!
              It is not split in half, the majority voted out, what do you not understand about democracy.

What a ridiculous position people like you are taking.
              Last edited by cross it Dave; 25-06-2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Where are they going to move? France where car companies are obliged to employ unionized staff, with its 35 hour week and 33.3% corporation tax. Germany with its 30.175% corporation tax. Compared with the U.K.'s corporation tax of 20%, reducing to 19% in 2018 and 18% in 2019. Also if sterling stays low, then the wages will be less compared with other countries, and even if there is a tax to export their cars, this will be cheaper because of the exchange rate.
                Well said jmelanie, Europe is governed by Germany, many of the Germans institutions and newspapers are calling for no tariffs on UK goods as it is not in Germany's interest.
                Last edited by cross it Dave; 25-06-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  Obviously the leave voters were not all racist and a lot made their decisions for the right reasons. However, there is no doubt that some in the leave campaign put blame at certain countries/races. There is no doubt that racism drove some of the vote to leave.
                  The official Labour position is remain, a fact, you agree.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...emitic-and-ra/

So just how many of you remainers are closet racists?

And why are many of these remain racists from immigrant communities?
                  Last edited by cross it Dave; 25-06-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• If Remain had won 52/48% would we be having all this whining and moaning now ?? no,we would just have got on with it,honestly like a load of teenagers really showing themselves up !!

Comment

• Salutary reading: ten Britons who voted for Brexit and their reasons why. Eloquent and well informed, with a range of deep concerns and issues, these ten people confound the stereotypes I've been reading about on Facebook and elsewhere in the media.

Not all of us who voted remain are throwing our toys out of the pram by the way, although I will grant you that many are.

This is well worth a read: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...o-leave-the-eu

Comment

• Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                        If Remain had won 52/48% would we be having all this whining and moaning now ?? no,we would just have got on with it,honestly like a load of teenagers really showing themselves up !!
                        This

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Salutary reading: ten Britons who voted for Brexit and their reasons why. Eloquent and well informed, with a range of deep concerns and issues, these ten people confound the stereotypes I've been reading about on Facebook and elsewhere in the media.

Not all of us who voted remain are throwing our toys out of the pram by the way, although I will grant you that many are.

This is well worth a read: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...o-leave-the-eu
                          Well said Hubble, and you actually made me read the Guardian for the first and last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                            If Remain had won 52/48% would we be having all this whining and moaning now ?? no,we would just have got on with it,honestly like a load of teenagers really showing themselves up !!
                            Actually Dave, this with knobs on
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• This is absolutely brilliant from John Pilger. Along with the article I posted above, I encourage everyone involved in this debate to read it: http://johnpilger.com/articles/why-t...d-no-to-europe

A few snippets from it to whet your appetite:

"The majority vote by Britons to leave the European Union was an act of raw democracy. Millions of ordinary people refused to be bullied, intimidated and dismissed with open contempt by their presumed betters in the major parties, the leaders of the business and banking oligarchy and the media.

This was, in great part, a vote by those angered and demoralised by the sheer arrogance of the apologists for the "remain" campaign and the dismemberment of a socially just civil life in Britain. The last bastion of the historic reforms of 1945, the National Health Service, has been so subverted by Tory and Labour-supported privateers it is fighting for its life."

"The most effective propagandists of the "European ideal" have not been the far right, but an insufferably patrician class for whom metropolitan London is the United Kingdom. Its leading members see themselves as liberal, enlightened, cultivated tribunes of the 21st century zeitgeist, even "cool". What they really are is a bourgeoisie with insatiable consumerist tastes and ancient instincts of their own superiority. In their house paper, the Guardian, they have gloated, day after day, at those who would even consider the EU profoundly undemocratic, a source of social injustice and a virulent extremism known as "neoliberalism". "

Comment

• So this petition for a 2nd referendum has surpassed 3 million votes. I analysed some of the raw data which was quite interesting.

Current population of Vatican City: 842

Number of signatures from Vatican City: 40,519

Seems legit, must be some sort of divine intervention.

Comment

Working...
                                X