No announcement yet.

Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dominoes have only just started to fall...

Comment

• Had a busy day yesterday so ended up taking 11/2 for a ton in the morning. Bit miffed at missing the 7/1 later on. The poster that was going to buy drinks for other posters on this topic if we left, I'll buy you one, no worries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        I have to admit, I am a little stunned by this result, and also a little shocked by the deep divisions it has revealed in our society, but at the same time, I can't deny it's exciting to see actual democracy in action. Wow. What next I wonder?
        This. Pleasantly surprise I may add, but I'm genuinely stunned at that result I was adamant remain would win as I thought anybody sat on the fence would have played it safe and stuck with remain. As you say Hubs, democracy as its finest. Will be fascinating to see how it all pans out.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• It is all very dramatic isn't it. I voted out but didn't expect it to happen.

Comment

• The reaction in the markets is not at all surprising, they love to get volatile. Currently I'm hearing that the pound has fallen so far, we're no longer the world's 5th largest economy, that baton has been passed to France. The markets hate change or what they perceive to be instability, but I'm sure things will even themselves out. Won't they? What do people think is on the immediate horizon?
            Last edited by Hubble; 24-06-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              It is all very dramatic isn't it. I voted out but didn't expect it to happen.
              Same as, but shows what a positive attitude can do, and what people who don't vote, achieve too, nothing.

Comment

• Pound at its lowest for 3 decades apparently.
                Took Farage all of about 1 hour to pull the NHS money he indicated he was going to give.

already lost our "5th largest economy in the world" title that everyone was throwing out before.

I fear this will be worse than imagined.

On the plus side, Farage wants to give us a bank holiday for our "independence day"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  Pound at its lowest for 3 decades apparently.
                  Took Farage all of about 1 hour to pull the NHS money he indicated he was going to give.

already lost our "5th largest economy in the world" title that everyone was throwing out before.

On the plus side, Farage wants to give us a bank holiday for our "independence day"
                  Pound is already back to 1.39. Shares are down everywhere not just the U.K. This is temporary. I'm not saying that they will go up to what they were before, but everybody expected this to happen the day after we voted Brexit.

Regarding us already being poorer than France. Maybe this is because France has suspended dealing in their bourse, so nobody knows what the value of their shares is.
                  Last edited by jmelanie; 24-06-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Pound is already back to 1.39. Shares are down everywhere not just the U.K. This is temporary. I'm not saying that they will go up to what they were before, but everybody expected this to happen the day after we voted Brexit.

Regarding us already being poorer than France. Maybe this is because France has suspended dealing in their bourse, so nobody knows what the value of their shares is.
                    I see you are over your outrage at your supposed ineligible voter.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                      Pound at its lowest for 3 decades apparently.

Predictable response from the Markets but not a reason to have not said exit for long temrm benefit.
                      As I said before it is a doomed project that we are better off out of long term.

Comment

• Your next step?: http://www.efta.int/legal-texts/eea.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• The EU might not exist much longer if France, Sweden, Holland and Denmark get their referendums.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• It's a great day in our history and for democracy, but for me this result just proves that the geographical and class divide is larger than ever in our country.

Loved the quote from LBC: "It's the greatest peasant revolt since 1361!"

Cameron's done the right thing, but surely Osborne's position is equally as untenable now?

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                            The EU might not exist much longer if France, Sweden, Holland and Denmark get their referendums.
                            That's the next thing to look forward to Dave. Totally flawed concept from day one.

Comment

• We can get let Northern Ireland and Scotland leave us now and go back into the EU as that's what their people wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                                I see you are over your outrage at your supposed ineligible voter.........
                                ill
                                I am still annoyed about that and have reported the matter to Southwark Council and they are looking into it. I do not even know which way she voted, but if she got to vote, how many other ineligible people also voted.

Comment

Working...
                                X