England squad!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    I remember a time when we had loads of CB's to choose from. Not overly confident in any pairing of Stones/Cahill/Smalling to be honest.

Agree on Noble being overlooked for Wilshere - shocking decision.

Main thing I can't get is how Defoe is not going.
    The central defence will be England's downfall. Just as it was in Brazil ahainst Italy and especially Uruguay.

Comment

Final 23 announced. Bit peed off they've included Henderson and Wilshere, but left out Drinkwater.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ed-roy-hodgson

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Final 23 announced. Bit peed off they've included Henderson and Wilshere, but left out Drinkwater.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ed-roy-hodgson
        Hubs Wilshire is the best midfielder in the squad. You had a few cheeky whiskeys?
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Drinkwater looked out of his depth in recent England games, clearly they feel that a 60% fit Wilshere is better than a fully fit (Overplayed) Drinkwater.

Wilshere fans see he is talent, that haters just see a massive tw@t.... Football is a funny game..

Comment

No surprises in those bombed tbh, I would have done the same I think. Drinkwater & Townsend were only ever going to be benchwarmers anyway.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              No surprises in those bombed tbh, I would have done the same I think. Drinkwater & Townsend were only ever going to be benchwarmers anyway.
              Agreed.. and as for Delph, well that was massively stupid even calling up.

That's one decision I will never get, Noble over Delph any day of the week even if he wasnt going to go.

Comment

actually I would have gone for Townsend over Milner and an out of sorts Barkley
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  actually I would have gone for Townsend over Milner and an out of sorts Barkley
                  You would have taken Townsend over Barkley?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    You would have taken Townsend over Barkley?
                    completely out of form, like Everton. A in-form Barkley is a top player
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Barkley is massively overhyped.

Yes, on his day he can be great, but his "day" happens once in a blue moon these days. Burst onto the scene with bundles of promise but has failed to fulfill it IMO. Gives the ball away so much. I, personally, would have taken Townsend ahead of Barkley.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Barkley is massively overhyped.

Yes, on his day he can be great, but his "day" happens once in a blue moon these days. Burst onto the scene with bundles of promise but has failed to fulfill it IMO. Gives the ball away so much. I, personally, would have taken Townsend ahead of Barkley.
                        Wow.. fair dooze, I guess this makes sense.

I think they are both different players personally and Andros hasnt had an AMAZING season himself.

Also we have no wide players for a reason, because we arent gifted with wide players at the moment. We have more central lying players IMO.

Take Lallana, he is not a winger but he players in a wider role in a diamond / 4-3-3, therefore Townsend would be wasted.

Comment

Yep, Townsend ahead of Barkley for me as well.

Comment

I would have done the same I think. Drinkwater & Townsend were only ever going to be benchwarmers anyway.
                            Exactly.

The thing Wilshere does is those slide rule passes which find space for the likes of Vardy. Also the fact he's been out for a long while might be a plus, unlike many others at least he'll be fresh. There's no way on earth I'd have sent him home and kept either of the other two.

The real problem isn't the CB issue, the real problem is that come summer competitions at the highest level we have nothing left in the tank. Seen it time and again. Which is a very good reason for picking youngsters.

Barkley is simply out of nick at the moment. But then again Townshend doesn't look all that right now.

Key ingredients: the dentists chair and plenty of hookers....
                            Last edited by hal9thou; 31-05-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Exactly.

The thing Wilshere does is those slide rule passes which find space for the likes of Vardy. Also the fact he's been out for a long while might be a plus, unlike many others at least he'll be fresh. There's no way on earth I'd have sent him home and kept either of the other two.

The real problem isn't the CB issue, the real problem is that come summer competitions at the highest level we have nothing left in the tank. Seen it time and again. Which is a very good reason for picking youngsters.

Barkley is simply out of nick at the moment. But then again Townshend doesn't look all that right now.
                              You're being kind but Wilshire has vision that is beyond most of our midfield. I can't believe he was even in question. He is a quality player who like you say has been rested and offers so much. If he gets injured then that's England's hope gone imo
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

would never have picked henderson just don't think he is good enough

Comment

Working...
                                X