Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England squad!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...marcus-7979913

What's everyone thoughts on the initial squad for the euros? Who's optimistic and how far do you think we will go now you seen the team?

I can't believe Delph makes the squad over someone like noble. I think it's a joke tbh that hodgson has been so loyal to players like him and Wilshire who haven't played barely any football.

I hope this thread stays in the main forum considering this a post on our national team!!
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 16-05-2016, 11:31 AM.

Just want to point out, its the 26 man squad, so likelihood is that Delph wont be in the 23. (I can nearly be sure of that...) Having said that, Noble should be over Delph to be fair.

It's a nice young squad, so I am fairly happy, should get out of the groups and to the 1/4 finals IMO. Kane, Ali, Dier all key for me.

Comment

Not sure what delph or wilshere have done to deserve a call up. I get the talent that wilshere has but no use if he is always injured. Henderson is another but he is a roy favourite. Nice to see rashford in there but dont get what he offers us that vardy, kane and strurridge dont. Would've taken Carroll as alternative. Would've put Noble in there ahead of delph. Our lack of depth at centre half is shocking. Wonder if clint fancies it in france this summer
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        Just want to point out, its the 26 man squad, so likelihood is that Delph wont be in the 23. (I can nearly be sure of that...) Having said that, Noble should be over Delph to be fair.

It's a nice young squad, so I am fairly happy, should get out of the groups and to the 1/4 finals IMO. Kane, Ali, Dier all key for me.
        Even still with him being cut from the 26, how can he justify not including noble over Delph at least. I hope he does cut Delph and not drink water when he cuts the team.

Apart from them choices I'm fairly happy with the squad Tbh. Good young, talented and energetic team who can genuinely score goals.

Would at least expect the quarters and maybe even a semi final appearance!

What would be your first 11 everyone?

Comment

Hart
          Walker
          Cahill
          Smalling
          Rose
          Dier
          Henderson
          Alli
          Sterling
          Vardy
          Kane

4-2-3-1

Comment

I remember a time when we had loads of CB's to choose from. Not overly confident in any pairing of Stones/Cahill/Smalling to be honest.

Agree on Noble being overlooked for Wilshere - shocking decision.

Main thing I can't get is how Defoe is not going.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              I remember a time when we had loads of CB's to choose from. Not overly confident in any pairing of Stones/Cahill/Smalling to be honest.

Agree on Noble being overlooked for Wilshere - shocking decision.

Main thing I can't get is how Defoe is not going.
              I was suprised with Defoe to. Yes he would of been a squad player but he's a goal scorer and in fantastic form. Rashofrod wont go in all fairness. 4 strikes will be Kane, vardy, Sturridge and Rooney. Not a bad set of options!
              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 16-05-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                I was suorsoed with Defoe to. Yes he would of been a squad player but he's a goal scorer and in fantastic form. Rashofrod wont go in all fairness. 4 strikes will be Kane, vardy, Sturridge and Rooney. Not a bad set of options!
                Strong strike force.

Personally don't agree with all this "Rooney is World Class, he HAS to be in the side" nonsense that the pundits bleat on about though. Take him for experience but don't sacrifice a potential partnership of Kane/Vardy just to fit him in the side.
                Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 16-05-2016, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I was suorsoed with Defoe to. Yes he would of been a squad player but he's a goal scorer and in fantastic form. Rashofrod wont go in all fairness. 4 strikes will be Kane, vardy, Sturridge and Rooney. Not a bad set of options!
                  maybe rashford won't go, but a couple of injuries and suddenly who knows? in any case, it seems a dumb move to me - defoe is a far more reliable option and even andy carroll would offer the possibility of making things happen (he may not be particularly good, but he can unsettle defenders on his day) - can't help thinking that if rashford played for, say, stoke or palace, there wouldn't be any minor possibility of him being near the squad. stick rashford in the u21 squad, see how he goes... but the main squad is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                    Not sure what delph or wilshere have done to deserve a call up. I get the talent that wilshere has but no use if he is always injured. Henderson is another but he is a roy favourite. Nice to see rashford in there but dont get what he offers us that vardy, kane and strurridge dont. Would've taken Carroll as alternative. Would've put Noble in there ahead of delph. Our lack of depth at centre half is shocking. Wonder if clint fancies it in france this summer
                    Even still with him being cut from the 26, how can he justify not including noble over Delph at least. I hope he does cut Delph and not drink water when he cuts the team.

Apart from them choices I'm fairly happy with the squad Tbh. Good young, talented and energetic team who can genuinely score goals.

Would at least expect the quarters and maybe even a semi final appearance!

What would be your first 11 everyone?
                    Dier can play CB and even RB, so I think we have enough cover personally. (Touch wood...)

From that lot, my eleven would be.

Hart

Walker
                    Smalling
                    Cahill
                    Betrand

Lallana
                    Dier
                    Ali
                    Milner

Kane
                    Vardy

Comment

Surprised only 3 CB named and feel for Jagielka as i always thought he done alright for England. Yes Dier is cover, but having spent a season playing midfield, i wouldn't be confident.

Dont really get the big love in that Noble has had recently. Seems to be spoken about every week on MOTD and other footballing shows that its a travesty he hasn't got a cap. Seems a bog standard CM to me and i would prefer Delph or Wilshire over him every day of the week.

I might be wrong on this, but Andy Carrol limped off over the weekend and think his injury rules him out, but if not, i would have taken him ahead of Rashford, as think Vardy offers everything Rashford does and more and Carrol offers something completely different.

Quietly confident this year. Thats not saying much as i always think we will go far, but so no real reason as to why not this year. Main reason for that is i dont think the other countries are the force they once were. Spain, Germany and Italy, nothing on the force they have been in recent times. If we win the group, which i think we should, then we get a nice tie against a 3rd place finishing team, then onto the quarters and think on our day we have the players who can beat anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                        Surprised only 3 CB named and feel for Jagielka as i always thought he done alright for England. Yes Dier is cover, but having spent a season playing midfield, i wouldn't be confident.

Dont really get the big love in that Noble has had recently. Seems to be spoken about every week on MOTD and other footballing shows that its a travesty he hasn't got a cap. Seems a bog standard CM to me and i would prefer Delph or Wilshire over him every day of the week.

I might be wrong on this, but Andy Carrol limped off over the weekend and think his injury rules him out, but if not, i would have taken him ahead of Rashford, as think Vardy offers everything Rashford does and more and Carrol offers something completely different.

Quietly confident this year. Thats not saying much as i always think we will go far, but so no real reason as to why not this year. Main reason for that is i dont think the other countries are the force they once were. Spain, Germany and Italy, nothing on the force they have been in recent times. If we win the group, which i think we should, then we get a nice tie against a 3rd place finishing team, then onto the quarters and think on our day we have the players who can beat anyone.
                        Sorry but what has Delph done this season for you to prefer him over noble just out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post

Why take 4 CBs when realistically only two can play anyway, if 2 get injured, then you still have a CB in Dier as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                            Why take 4 CBs when realistically only two can play anyway, if 2 get injured, then you still have a CB in Dier as a last resort.
                            why take 4/5 strikers if that is your argument?

Comment

Sorry but what has Delph done this season for you to prefer him over noble just out of interest?
                              think he has been quote good for City whenever i have seen him. Covers a lot of ground and his pace is a real asset and can beat a man.

Comment

Working...
                              X