Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you class as progress next season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you class as progress next season??

Lots of debates about the club, the future and views on what we should and should not be doing

But what would you class as progress?? Is it finishing higher then we did this year, getting play offs or does it have to be promotion by hook or by crook

For me not turning up at the cottage putting in a proper performance not getting thumped and coming away with something would be a sign of change in our mentality

Loftus road buzzing too would be a sign to me things have improved and progressed

Top 8 for me west and definitely flirting with the play offs.

Think it's time to give the fans something back and for us to be more than competitive in the second tier of English football. I haven't been to impressed by jfh and if the form under him so far and the awful football doesn't change next season then I can't see anything other than him getting the boot.

I think the club know that and again the excuse has been he. Needed this time to build his team and implement his philosophy. Les has also said yesterday we are building a team for the playoffs so we need to take that on merit and that's how the team should be judged.

Big summer and I believe the club will back jfh and we will see some decent young championship players arrive at the club. It's then down to jfh to prove his credentials.
    If they do back him like I think they will the. Anything less then top 8 will be a disaster as I genuinely think we will spend a fair few million and will be one of the biggest spenders which will be offset on sales of fer, Sandro l, Phillips and caulker.

Comment

No idea yet, lets see what we do in the transfer market over the next 2-3 months.

Comment

Westy what I would consider progress would be to play well organized attractive football for something like 38 out 44 games not one good game one bad game 6 or so indifferent games of dross aimless football and as said earlier a flirt with the play offs
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 14-05-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Top 10 for me
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

If we stick with JFH ALL season then no less than a play-off spot for me. Been here long enough to know the players he's keeping and what they're about. Add to that, some new signings and a whole summer of preparation... No doubt should be looking at nothing less than going up next season.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Competing for a play off spot and playing well along with shrewd signings would be good progress to me

Comment

String more than 2 passes together would be an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                  String more than 2 passes together would be an improvement.
                  Agree. We need to improve our possession and build-up play, and not just rely on counter-attacks and set-pieces for goals.

Comment

Pushing for the play offs with a promising young side

Comment

The following four key elements will see us progress nest season:

A) Assembling a relatively young and dynamic squad which can play for the club even beyond JFHs tenure, if he happens to get the boot, that is.
                      B) Avoid letting in costly and silly goals due to individual errors.
                      C) To be able to recognise a set QPR- style in our way of playing.
                      D) Challenging for the play-off.

If the above mentioned issues will be adressed IŽd be very happy.
                      Last edited by Shania; 14-05-2016, 11:34 AM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

One thing I would say is that if we finish above our position in the average player value table, I think that will be a handy method of looking at our progress. This season, our squad had the ninth highest value per player in the league. Naturally, next season, if we go up in value, our position should follow.

I actually looked at a table of our value compared to the other two that went down and you can very clearly see the reason we have been so inconsistent:

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Comfy top ten, little flirt with the playoffs but showing signs of a solid ethos in our game play and some entertaining football. Ready to kick on the season after

Comment

Better quality football and 2 up front at home.

The onus is on us to attack and win, not have JFH's attitude of 'just don't lose' can't stand that.

Another season of consolidation, I'm expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              One thing I would say is that if we finish above our position in the average player value table, I think that will be a handy method of looking at our progress. This season, our squad had the ninth highest value per player in the league. Naturally, next season, if we go up in value, our position should follow.

I actually looked at a table of our value compared to the other two that went down and you can very clearly see the reason we have been so inconsistent:

Wish I knew what on earth your talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X