Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was never dull - great read on ale's time at QPR

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...ers/news/42845

Fantastic read and again starts to make me question the decision on why we have let him go.

However when you read it you can appreciate after the 3 years out he deserves to play as much football as he can.

Legend!

Beautifully written article, despite the club's decision to not renew making sense from a perspective that they weren't going to use him as a regular, you have to question that decision in itself. Why shouldn't he be a regular? Because he isn't fast? As the article states, he was never fast but he was, is and will be one of the best ball players this club has seen. And I absolutely agree with the article, he made players like Taarabt, Mackie and Routledge do as well as they did by playing his game. Fantastic footballer who will be missed.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Beautifully written article, despite the club's decision to not renew making sense from a perspective that they weren't going to use him as a regular, you have to question that decision in itself. Why shouldn't he be a regular? Because he isn't fast? As the article states, he was never fast but he was, is and will be one of the best ball players this club has seen. And I absolutely agree with the article, he made players like Taarabt, Mackie and Routledge do as well as they did by playing his game. Fantastic footballer who will be missed.
      I 100% agree nas. Sentiment aside I still think Faurlin could of been a first team player and also partner a team in the championship that could of competed near the top.

He just needed some younger legs around him and people who were more on his thinking level.

Comment

Bad decision will come back to bite them in the ...... I was not fully in agreement with them getting rid of Barton and Zamora last season but could understand this because they were on high wages. I think this proved to be a mistake because both have done well elsewhere. I don't believe either Clint or Ale were on big wages so this makes less sense. The Club does not seem to know what is doing at the moment. I assume at some point they want to go back into the premiership and understand mistakes were made in the past. However the way they seem to be going (signing only players from the lower divisions) isn't likely to work. I might result in us going into the play-offs or maybe even getting promoted, but then we will have to start again in the premiership. Another mistake (in hindsight) was not signing Defoe. People say that Allardyce has done a good job in keeping Sunderland in the premiership, but he wouldn't have done it without Defoe's goals.

Comment

You can't just sign youth and replace 7-8 1st team players which is what we seem to be looking at and expect to do well. We've lost the 2 players who knew anything about what qpr is about. Good article though blimey is it a bit of overkill on the paladini.

Comment

I remember that moment when we saw NW having a go at Ale coming off the pitch, and it looked out of order then.

Comment

Working...
            X