Sir Les Interview on player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    We don't know Jimmy's target was playoffs.
    Logically you have to assume it was because that's the reason he's given for sacking Ramsey i.e. being unable to achieve at least the play-offs spots (once the big earners hadn't been sold). Possibly what shifted the target yet again was losing Austin after Jimmy had joined, but I'm only speculating there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Logically you have to assume it was because that's the reason he's given for sacking Ramsey i.e. being unable to achieve at least the play-offs spots (once the big earners hadn't been sold). Possibly what shifted the target yet again was losing Austin after Jimmy had joined, but I'm only speculating there.
      It was losing Austin, getting rid of Fer, Sandro and pushing Green out of the 11 that cuts the target down. Didn't hurt that he got Hoilett playing well, got more solidity and defensive quality, which gives positive signs and makes the league position less important.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        It was losing Austin, getting rid of Fer, Sandro and pushing Green out of the 11 that cuts the target down. Didn't hurt that he got Hoilett playing well, got more solidity and defensive quality, which gives positive signs and makes the league position less important.
        Can't argue with that nas, I am looking forward to see who the new targets are, and see how we get on for next season.

Comment

I just watched the whole thing and I got to say that I genuinely think Les is fantastic for this club.

He hasn't got it all right and I haven't agreed on certain things but in whole I think everything he's doing and saying is 100% correct. The club clearly are learning from previous mistakes and are generally trying to give us the old QPR back and one that is financially sustainable.

It seems like we are really going to go for it next season in terms of going for the play offs. Also for the ones who were questioning how many players we need to bring in Les said we will atleast be replacing the ones who have left so that's 9.
          So it is a big rebuild but the players we target need to be able to play a high intensity game so I think there's lots and lots of positives.

This season is again about progression but as fans we still need to be patiently as I agree these changes don't happen over night. A struggle against relegation or mid table dross shouldn't be excepted but if we can play a higher intensity a be in contention with the top 8 for most of the season then I'll see that as progression.
          Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 14-05-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            I just watched the whole thing and I got to say that I genuinely think Les is fantastic for this club.

He hasn't got it all right and I haven't agreed on certain things but in while I think everything he's doing and saying is 100% correct. The club clearly are learning from previous mistakes and are generally trying to give us the old QPR back and one that is financially sustainable.

It seems like we are really going to go for it next season in terms of going for the play offs. Also for the ones who were questioning how many players we need to bring in Les said we will atleast be replacing the ones who have left so that's 9.
            So it is a big rebuild but the players we target need to be able to play a high intensity game so I think there's lots and lots of positives.

This season is again about progression but as fans we still need to be patiently as I agree these changes don't happen over night. A struggle against relegation or mid table droids shouldn't be excepted but if we can play a higher intensity a be in contention with the top 8 for most of the season then I'll see that as progression.
            Good post Maids, but what's a "mid-table droid" out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Good post Maids, but what's a "mid-table droid" out of interest?
              Haha meant dross mate lol. Auto correct on my phone is a nightmare lol!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Haha meant dross mate lol. Auto correct on my phone is a nightmare lol!

Comment

I look forward to seeing a fitter team playing at a higher tempo and with a real purpose. The fact we have to bring in a fair few (Les' words) is a good opportunity to allow them to recruit players to fit this philosophy. If Jimmy doesnt achieve this by the end of next season then its been a disappointment

Comment

I like the sound of Jimmy wanting to go for the jugular getting the 2nd, 3rd goal in quick succession and of course you need the players to play that system. Fit, energetic, fast players. Will be an interesting few months as per

Comment

Working...
                    X