Sir Les Interview on player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Les Interview on player

Sounds like we have been planning our transfer targets for a long time now, bringing in players to suit JFH style that he wants to play. Also goes on to say the players we are looking at Les reckons will take us to the play offs next season. Sounds good to me lets hope we gets these done.

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    Sounds like we have been planning our transfer targets for a long time now, bringing in players to suit JFH style that he wants to play. Also goes on to say the players we are looking at Les reckons will take us to the play offs next season. Sounds good to me lets hope we gets these done.
    Fairly consistent and sensible interview / comments made from the last 6-8 months, especially since JFH has come in.

Dont expect a £6million player like Gray to come in, was his words. But still felt what we are aiming to recruit should be top 6, which for me is quite good to hear!

Comment

It sounds like they are as as good as done and dusted. Like you imply; almost... I can´t remember when we made our
      first signing last year, though. Truth is, we need a good preseason this year....
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Sounds positive mate. I quietly confident that these guys know what thu are doing and we will push on next season. Agai biding expect big 6 or 7 million pound signings but I still think we will spend a fair few million spread out over 6-8 decent championship players.

Comment

Same old, same old.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
            Same old, same old.
            The irony of your post mate

Comment

Very sensible interview. I just hope we get our business done as early as possible!

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/l...s-wls-football

Comment

His target for finishing in the league means naff all.

Last season ramsey was given a target of consolidation, then 3 months later it was promotion, jimmy came in and his target was playoffs, then after a 2 months it was top 10 finish.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Les gives good cardigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Last season ramsey was given a target of consolidation, then 3 months later it was promotion, jimmy came in and his target was playoffs, then after a 2 months it was top 10 finish.
                      haha that is pretty spot on!

Comment

Avoid relegation was going to come up if we had a bit longer.

Comment

You do have to take into account the changing transfer situation in those times. Consolidation: When we were expecting to lose Chaz, Sandro, Fer, Phillips etc. Promotion: When we kept them all. Playoffs: Jimmy had those players from before available. Top Half Finish: We got rid of Most of the high earners.

Targets have to change with situation.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We don't know Jimmy's target was playoffs. I agree with the others though. Presumably as we hadn't sold our stars after the window closed.

Comment

Really good interview and one of the best I think we've heard, says it as it is.

Think Les said in one of the interviews when JFH took over is that they thought we should be aiming from promotion this year, it was one of the reasons why they axed CR.

I'm sure someone will correct if wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X